Panama Canal attire

cruzisme

Knowing it will be hot and humid doing this cruise, what do you ladies wear?

More interested in the type of tops. Will be wearing shorts and capris.

I do have short sleeve tees

( cotton-poly blends) but wondering if I need to shop for something different.

We were fine with just cotton or blends, lightweight tees. Looser weave or fit helps so any breeze can go through. Actually, our day in the Canal was overcast but still you need sunscreen and hat. Cartagena was the most humid port we visited - - everything worn that day was soaked. Lovely trip; enjoy!

To help you with the evaporative cooling process and not feel soaking wet, I would recommend you try a few tops from Ex-Officio. I took 3 of their AirStrip long sleeve shirts to Egypt, Jordan and Kenya. They were lifesavers! Sure, I sweated like a water fountain - it WAS in the 100s. But, I got cooled off, too as the shirt got damp. AND, the shirt dried quickly. The sleeves roll up and button, but I found keeping the sleeves down was just fine.

When my daughter and I were there. We wore sundresses, skirts and tanks. Belive it or not we both wore silk shawls in cartagana. We were both so sunburned from falling asleep on deck the day before. It really made a diff I now always have a widebrim hat and a silk shawl with me. Keeps you cool and protected.

Have done the full transit canal three times, love that cruise. Last Dec. we packed lite loose fitting cotton blend blouses/shirts , and mostly cotton blend capri's or cropped pants. Cartgena was very hot and humid when we were there. Made sure we took our water with us and I took some unscented (baby) wipes in my pack to refresh a bit. The canal transit was very warm as well, but on the ship we could get out of the direct sun. Panama City was warm but manageable when we were there , we went to the rainforest and in the canopy it was not too bad. Really beautiful. Take plenty of sunscreen with and re-apply often, lightweight hat (packable) that you can wet down and put on can help as well. Enjoy your cruise , it is really interesting.

Cori

Knowing it will be hot and humid doing this cruise, what do you ladies wear?

More interested in the type of tops. Will be wearing shorts and capris.

I do have short sleeve tees

( cotton-poly blends) but wondering if I need to shop for something different.

Try to make it more cotton than poly. Wear a hat. Wear comfortable shoes. It is HOT

I wore capirs and skorts to the knees but if I was younger I would have went with shorts. I just need more coverage now, my legs are not so pretty anymore.

I am having a panic attack now about what I'm bringing after reading this...I hope I'll be ok! Going on a major packing evaluation tonight so that I can buy any last minute items tomorrow before I leave on Wednesday for my trip!

Archived