Mini Boat Adventure St Thomas

Morebeer

Hello all. Worried about the timing of our stop in St Thomas USVI on Thur. 6/6/13 hours in port are 7:00 to 3:30. Would like to take the ferry over to St John but will there be enough time based on those hours if were not immediately off the ship early that morning to do so on our own. Considering the ships own excursion the mini boat adventure to Christmas cove. However in the description of the tour it states only 2 people per mini boat. We are a party of 3 with myself the wife and 18 year old son. Does anyone know how a party of 3 would be handled on this tour? Thanks for all replies.

We've taken that excursion elsewhere and our experience is they adhere to the 2-person max except when there are toddlers involved but e-mail the operator with that question for a definite answer.

Not sure if you're docked at Havensight or Crown Bay, but figure 40 - 60 minutes travel time to Cruz Bay, St John (25 - 40 minutes getting to the Red Hook ferry and a 15 - 20 minute ferry ride to Cruz Bay). Allow another 1/2 hr for the return due to traffic congestion at the ports. The ferries leave on the hour so you shouldn't have too much wait time there. You would want to return on the 1PM ferry to be safe, and you'd be back at port between 2:15 and 2:45PM.

So if you left the dock by 9AM you'd have 3 - 3.5 hrs to spend on St John which would be plenty of time to enjoy a beach and stroll Cruz Bay a little before returning to Red Hook.

The ferry option from downtown Charlotte Amalie to Cruz Bay and back isn't an option for you because the their schedule is much less frequent. The Red Hook ferry is preferred and is much more convenient from Havensight anyway if you're docked there.

• 2 months later...

Thinking about this excursion in St. Thomas in August. I did review the photos on Carnival's site and it shows parties of 3 on the mini boats. This is a requirement for my family as we have a 9 year old DD with us.

I did do this excursion about 9 years ago with my wife and it was fun, but don't remember how long you actually have on the boat to drive. Does anyone know how long you are actually driving the boat, and not snorkeling or riding the bus?

Archived