I did not like Coco cay.

geovet

But I did not hate it either. Having been to Half moon cay, it did not come close. Most of the beach was rocky. When I walked to the far end, there were patches or seaweed. It felt like walking on sponges. The water was clear until you walked in it and it became clouded.

Having said that, I had a great cruise and good time relaxing on a beach. Just next time, I will stick to HMC.

I actually preferred RCL's other "private island" (which isnt a island at all). Labadee Haiti. Its beautiful country and lots of rocky paths to explore. Its more mountainous country.

But I dont care for the Bahamas all that much, and Coco Cay is part of the flat Bahamas.

We've been to Coco Cay, and had some great snorkeling there. Haven't been to HMC yet. That's the first stop on our upcoming cruise. Can't wait!:)

The snorkeling at Coco Cay was awesome! While most folks think the beach at HMC is better (and it probably is), I have a feeling HMC's snorkeling won't quite measure up. Must have been hundreds if not thousands of fish around us at times!

My last cruise didn't make HMC due to weather, so here's hoping we can BOTH pay our visit there soon! :D

Question. I've been to Coco Cay and Labadee Shores on RCI before. But why is Carnival stopping at Coco Cay now? It used to be RCI's private island. Just curious.

Some Carnival ships had to remove Key west from their itinerary so they worked out a deal with Royal to use Coco Cay to replace that stop. .

I actually preferred RCL's other "private island" (which isnt a island at all). Labadee Haiti. Its beautiful country and lots of rocky paths to explore. Its more mountainous country.

Love Labadee. It's truly a little slice of heaven.

I met a lobster at Coco Cay. He was huge. I asked if he would come back to the ship with me and he said, "No, I'll use my CLAWS!"

I'd love to see HMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Expect flawless grammar and spelling.

But I did not hate it either. Having been to Half moon cay, it did not come close. Most of the beach was rocky. When I walked to the far end, there were patches or seaweed. It felt like walking on sponges. The water was clear until you walked in it and it became clouded.

Having said that, I had a great cruise and good time relaxing on a beach. Just next time, I will stick to HMC.

I agree. HMC was so much more pretty. I felt coco cay had too many trees around the beach and the beach felt a bit dirty

I have been to both several times. Coco Cay was first with RCI then HMC with Carnival. I LOVE HMC so much that we are going back after 6 times in June. Coco Cay is great in the fact you do not have to walk very far for everything-beach, water things, etc. But HMC is beautiful with that wonderful sand that feel like flour. Saw that the Fascination was going to Coco Cay instead of KW on one week HMC the next. We did a b2b last Oct on her and wish that would have been the case when we went.

This is from Coco Cay the only time we made it in .. in the rain. The next time we missed it. (It was sept and hurricane season). Its raining so hardly anyone on the beach and dark.. but I prefer trees and shade myself.

I think you can see some hammocks here. hey I like the trees .. not sure why people want fewer trees.

Picture079.jpg

Why is Carnival not going to Key West?

They lost the docking area to the larger mega ship of RC, it's all about money. The new admiral in charge of the Naval facility has stopped docking at the other pier (the mole) so Carival is leasing the CocoCay (Little stirrup cay) in lieu of Key West.

We went to Coco Cay in March 2012. I absolutely loved it! The hammocks in the shade were perfect, the water was gorgeous. I haven't been to Half Moon Cay or Labadee yet, but if they're better than Coco Cay, I will get there as soon as possible!

Archived