Upgrading Classic Drink Package to Premium Drink Package on board

AndrewM

I just booked a cruise on the Reflection that offers me a complimentary Classic Drink Package. I want the Premium Drink Package.

Has anyone upgraded their drink package after boarding? I want to pay the extra $11.25 and charge it against my account on board instead of paying it ahead of time. If so, where can you go onboard to upgrade it?

thanks,

Andrew

Celeb Reflection - August 19th.

I just booked a cruise on the Reflection that offers me a complimentary Classic Drink Package. I want the Premium Drink Package.

Has anyone upgraded their drink package after boarding? I want to pay the extra $11.25 and charge it against my account on board instead of paying it ahead of time. If so, where can you go onboard to upgrade it?

thanks,

Andrew

Celeb Relection - August 19th.

Hi Andrew,

If you are referring to the 123 GO promotion, you can upgrade to Premium when onboard. Most every bartender should know how to take care of it for you.

I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy! Yes, 123GO. Great. I will wait til I get onboard then!

I was just worried that if I upgraded ahead of time my agent would automatically charge my credit card when the invoice comes in..she said she couldn't apply the charge to my onboard account now.

Thanks Andy! Yes, 123GO. Great. I will wait til I get onboard then!

I was just worried that if I upgraded ahead of time my agent would automatically charge my credit card when the invoice comes in..she said she couldn't apply the charge to my onboard account now.

We upgraded ahead of time and our credit card was charged. It was very convenient and the best part about the program was that all my numbers wore off my card from all the usage it got!

oh so they just swipe your cruise card every time you buy a drink or do you have a special premium card? is the 15% gratuity charged on the entire package or every drink you purchase?

i'm sure i could challenge you in wearing off those numbers. ;)

oh so they just swipe your cruise card every time you buy a drink or do you have a special premium card? is the 15% gratuity charged on the entire package or every drink you purchase?

The package is shown on your seapass card (printed code if purchased before your cruise and added with a sticker if purchased after) but it is also verified every time you obtain a drink as they still swipe your card to register the transaction. If you upgrade then I presume they will just put a sticker for the upgraded level on your card.

The 15% gratuity is paid on the package price at the time you purchase the package (included with the 123go promotion) so there is no gratuity charged on individual drink orders covered by the package.

Greetings

Your SeaPass card will indicate the package type you have purchased. The gratuity is on the package and covers all your drinks. The bartenders usually slide your card for each drink, but servers may just write down your folio number. Many people choose to tip the bartenders/servers extra for every drink or wait till the end of the cruise and give a large tip to their favorite bartenders/servers.

Good Cruising

Tom

thanks,

Andrew

Celeb Reflection - August 19th.

Other than cost what is the difference in the packages?

The packages are described on Celebrity's web site here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

If you look at the first sentence of the description for each of the packages there is an underlined word which is a link showing a representative list of items and brands included in that package.

In a nutshell the Premium packages include top shelf spirits, a much larger selection of wines by the glass, name brand (Evian) bottled water, and sparkling water. Also with the Premium package if you select a beverage over the $12 limit you pay only the difference but with the Classic package you pay for the entire selling price of the drink if it exceeds the $8 limit.

The package includes gratuities for the entire week, NOT per-drink. When you upgrade on board, part of the fee will include the 15% on the upcharge portion as well.

Oh and don't worry about what Tom said about "many" people tipping on every drink. Go with your gut, no server is going to look down upon you if you are just swiping your card all cruise without handing over extra. I did give an extra $5 to our bar waitress in the dining room after our week because she was attentive and chatty.

Archived