Quebec City

We stayed in the Hilton earlier this month for one night before a cruise. It doesn't have all of the charms of an old boutique hotel or the Chateau Frontenac, but the location is pretty good--right across the street from Parliament, a block or two away from the wine store (S.A.Q.), and a couple of blocks outside the walls to the old part of the city. I got it for $127 including tax through hotwire.

• 2 months later...

We arrive on Sat, board the Ship on Sunday and do not leave port until Monday. I was think of a rental car to get outside of the city for the 1st night. Any suggestions where I should look?

We arrive on Sat, board the Ship on Sunday and do not leave port until Monday. I was think of a rental car to get outside of the city for the 1st night. Any suggestions where I should look?

Quebec City has all the big rental outfits like Avis, Hertz, Enterprise.

As far as what to go see if you get a rental:

- Ile d'Orleans

- Chutes Montmorency

- Canyon Ste-Anne

- Basilique de Ste-Anne de Beaupre

Any suggestions on where to stay outside of the city?

That would depend on what you want to go see. All of the suggestions in my previous post are easy driving distance from Old Quebec.

If you want to overnight in a pittoresque setting, you might try a Bed & Breakfast (Auberge in French) on Ile d'Orleans. Try searching on Trip Advisor for "auberge ile d'orleans".

A wonderful area a short drive from Quebec is the Charlevoix area. Check out Baie St. Paul a lovely town full of little places to stay, restaurants and, most important, lots of artists and galleries. Could could have a great day there and most people in the galleries and restaurants speak English. Do a google search for "charlevoix quebec" and you will find lots of great websites.

http://www.tourisme-charlevoix.com/en/

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Quebec+City,+QC&daddr=Baie-Saint-Paul,+QC&hl=en&sll=46.253654,-67.304276&sspn=3.851164,10.821533&geocode=FVMpygId1OvA-ymTiNsFipa4TDEDOujwYy3Fjw%3BFebp0wIdbDHM-ykX201fNRG_TDGofggrF-3BiA&oq=+ba&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

Best Western City Centre

330 De La Couronne,

Quebec City, QC, G1K 6E6, Canada

Is this a convenient location for Quebec City? We don't arrive into Quebec City until midnight, so I was worried about such a late check in at the local hotels. We plan to arrive 2 days before our cruise leaves to explore the city and surrounding area. thank you!

That hotel is in the upper (new) part of the city. You won't be in the old city but it shouldn't be a bad cab fare to the old city and once your there you will probably just sleeping at the hotel.

Best Western City Centre

330 De La Couronne,

Is this a convenient location for Quebec City? We don't arrive into Quebec City until midnight, so I was worried about such a late check in at the local hotels. We plan to arrive 2 days before our cruise leaves to explore the city and surrounding area. thank you!

We used priceline got our pre-cruise stay in that BW location, but the whole hotel was chartered and we were "upgraded" to Hotel Pur (2 min walk from BW). Parking in old town is a nightmare, so we bought the 3 days bus pass from SDM across the hotel: bus to old city, use the ecolobus as our HO-HO, to Laurier Québec shopping, and to Montmorency falls.

Taxi fare from BW to cruise terminal is $10, 10 min trip. When taxi from Quebec airport to city, don't meter, use the fix fare (Tarif fixe)

http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/to-and-from-the-airport/taxis/

If you don't mind a higher price, the Auberge Saint Antoine would be my pick. It is right in the Old Port of Quebec city and is one of the best hotels in which I have stayed. There have great restaurants right there and many more within walking distance.

The distance from BW to the cruise terminal, a further point in Old Quebec is only 2km (1 1/4 mile), It's a 1 mile slight uphill walk from BW to center.

Ir you connect flight from domestic to international flight in Toronto Pearson Airport Terminal 1, the connection walk is 1/2 mile. One mile is very short in a metropolitan distance scale.

• 2 weeks later...
Best Western City Centre

330 De La Couronne,

The hotel is in the St. Roch quarter, a former working-class area which had become run-down but in recent years has become a somewhat trendy area of the city. It's a bit away from the main tourist attractions so if this is your first visit to Québec City, I would suggest you find a hotel in Vieux Québec inside the walls, either in the Upper or Lower towns.

On further review, I see that this was an old question and was well answered earlier in the thread. Sorry

Archived