Sprit Venice to Barcelona

mac4cruise

Hi

Can anybody tell me about the Spirit we are looking at this cruise in the Med for May 2014

I know its one of the older ships but thats not a big deal for us.

We haven't sailed on NCL yet so any input would be great.

Thanks

Hi, I am on the same sailing as FairyGodmother in a few weeks time.

This will be my 4th time on the Spirit so something must be good about this ship right?

It is a smaller ship but it is still a big ship. It doesn't have all the fancy things you will find on some of the newer ships. That said it is a beautiful vessel. Very easy to get around and only on rare occasions does she feel crowded. The crew are amazing, so friendly and happy because the leadership onboard is top notch and keeps them smiling and happy. The staff will get to know you very quickly and will go out of their way to do things for you. They really care that you have a good trip. I remember the second time I sailed we were leaving the restaurant and a crew member approached and asked if we had sailed on the ship before. Yes, 8 months ago and you remember us even though you met thousands more people in between. Wow, and as time wore on over the next few days we had more of these encounters.

The itinerary is amazing. It really does show you some of the best that Europe has to offer. Most of the port days are long and can be tiring. May is a great time to travel as the true heat of the summer has not hit yet so it is pleasantly comfortable to tour around the sites and not as crowded as it is in July/August. Every night you will come home and enjoy the freestyle dining. Freestyle is brilliant on this cruise as you can eat when you like, where you like. Need a nap, you have one and go and eat later. No set dining time to rush for, just go when you are ready.

Above are a link to a review by fabnforty that gives an honest view of the trip and the photo review by computerworks is simply brilliant.

Archived