2007 question

crzycick

I know that princess has already released information for the cruise I want to take in January 2007. It is not however listed on their website, and I want to check out some sites to get an approximate price for a specific cabin I want. (It's for my honeymoon and I need to book 1 of 2 rooms, so I gotta get on it!) Anyways, I don't know which websites I am not allowed to mention, but on one of the major discount sites for hotels/air/cruise/etc, I found the listing and price, but I had an appointment to run to so I decided to come back to it. Well, it is no longer showing those dates! And I have been unable to find it on any other sites. I will be booking through a TA in my hometown, but I wanted to do some research to see if she was getting me a good price or not....also, does anybody know how much the deposit MIGHT be (doesn't have to be exact, but approximately) for a 7 day eastern caribbean cruise for 2 people in a minisuite?

As of right now, it's a $250 deposit, but that could change by then. Many of the other cruise lines are charging more than that, so I wouldn't be surprised if Princess raised their deposit amts.

According to my latest fax, the pricing isn't out until 7/2/2005 for up to Spring, 2007. I tried to get prices today on an October, 2006 sailing and couldn't get them yet. :(

I was able to book my cruise on the TP for April 2007 with only a $200 deposit.

Where did you book it? Like I said, I looked at one of the online places that have flights/hotel/cars/cruises a couple of days ago, and I saw the cruise I wanted for the date I wanted. But when I went back to look at it THAT night, it wouldn't show up! And it still won't! It's really strange...I just want to find a place to look at prices so I can be sure my TA doesn't overcharge me.

Also, If anybody knows a TA or something I could talk to to see THEIR price (and go w/ if it's cheaper), please let me know. I live in Wichita Kansas

crcyick,

I read on a thread here somewhere about the itineraries for the Tahitian Princess thru April 07 and the sailing dates. I also read that some people where able to book those new itineraries already, with that information I contacted my online agency and told them the date I wanted to book, the cabin #, etc.

Even though I could not book it thru their automated booking engine, I was able to book it thru their custom quote section.

The price came back close to the 2006 prices.

Astrid

Casshew - 8 nights or more = $450 pp deposit; final payment generally due 75 days prior to sailing.

Did you have a 3rd and 4th passenger that your agent charged a deposit on?

Did you have transfers added in?

(I think you said it was cruise only, right?)

Did you have a hotel package added in?

If the answer is "no" to all those questions, then maybe Princess has "upped" the deposits for Europe and I don't know about it. Or, maybe it is your agency?

I also just paid $1,200 deposit for July 2006 Baltic Cruise on the Star Princess. I booked it on a large internet-only cruise discounter that I have used many times. In a weird way, I don't mind -- it'll make the final payment seem less painful.

To get back to the original topis (sorry about that!), I do a little litany everytime. Check all the usual sites (yahoo, travelocity, experdia, cruise.com , etc. and I bet one has it. Lately, imho, travelocity has had the dates first, but not the best deals.

That is why we are now doing Future Booking onboard. It is good for 4 years and you can cancel and get money back if you change your mind. $100pp. I don't know if that limits you to # of days you can cruise, but nothing was mentioned.

As another poster said, less painful when the final bill comes due the more you put down :eek:

Archived