Did I miss something? VIFP

NurseBPS

Ok soo when we went on our cruise this time last year VIFP had not been implemented. I thought we were gold as our sign and sail cards were a gold color and we got invitations to the past guest party. Now I am looking at my VIFP page and it says I am red and the past guest party is a gold member perk. Any one else have a similar situation? Do we still get to go to the past guest party?

Depends on how many cruise days you have. If you do not have enough to be gold then you are probably red and therefor not eligable for the past guest party since it is for gold memebers and above. It use to be if you have ever sailed before but it is all changed now

It use to be if you have ever sailed before but it is all changed now

Sure has, last time on the Glory two years ago was able to go to the party. Now on same ship same itinerary, not invited don't have enough days.

Are the key cards now coded to your level? Used to be all past cruisers got one color, first times another?

Sure has, last time on the Glory two years ago was able to go to the party. Now on same ship same itinerary, not invited don't have enough days.

Are the key cards now coded to your level? Used to be all past cruisers got one color, first times another?

All VIFP levels have unique card colors. Red is red, gold is gold, etc.

Ok soo when we went on our cruise this time last year VIFP had not been implemented. I thought we were gold as our sign and sail cards were a gold color and we got invitations to the past guest party. Now I am looking at my VIFP page and it says I am red and the past guest party is a gold member perk. Any one else have a similar situation? Do we still get to go to the past guest party?

You were gold under the old loyalty program. Now with the new program you are red. No, to the past guest party unless your next cruise will put you into the Gold(25 days sailed) category. More info on the new loyalty VIFP program can be found on your VIFP page.

This exact thing happened to me, but I didn't even bother trying to do anything about it as we had already booked our next couple of cruises to get up to 25VIFP points.

This sucks! I dont understand why if we were before we weren't grandfathered in when this new reward system took over!

Call them and see if they have multiple member #'s for you. They can consolidate it. If you were gold, you should still be.

She was gold under the old program. Gold = past guest under the old program. Now they track actual days sailed under the new program, not just if you're a past guest. So a lot of cruisers went from gold to red if their sailing days didn't meet the new criteria.

This sucks! I dont understand why if we were before we weren't grandfathered in when this new reward system took over!

Looks like the only ones able to be grandfathered in were the platinum and diamond. The rest was of us..well oh well so sad..

But it doesn't really bother me none. I will never be able to cruise enough for all the perks any hows. Just glad to be going on one this year.

I had to submit my past cruise dates and ship name for them to get my VIFP # right. My husband's is still not correct so he has submitted his information again. I am still at RED but closer to the next level than I was now that they have made the correction.

She was gold under the old program. Gold = past guest under the old program. Now they track actual days sailed under the new program, not just if you're a past guest. So a lot of cruisers went from gold to red if their sailing days didn't meet the new criteria.

Yes and as a TA I know there can be multiple past guest numbers for 1 person. I see it all the time and all of his cruises may not be accounted for.

Call them and see if they have multiple member #'s for you. They can consolidate it. If you were gold, you should still be.

That's not true. They only grandfathered Platinum. Lots of gold got changed to red if they didn't have enough cruise credits.

Gold wasn't really a 'level' on the old program though, just the color of the card- it only meant you had at least one sailing, so I see why they didn't keep everyone who had that as golds under the new thing. It wasn't exactly an 'achievement' to reach.

They only grandfathered Diamond and Platinum and gave the rest of us 18ish months to get to ten cruises under the old Platinum rules. I'll hit it on our next cruise.

Correct

I'm in the same "boat". Taking 2 cruises this summer to get to Platinum.

They only grandfathered Diamond and Platinum and gave the rest of us 18ish months to get to ten cruises under the old Platinum rules. I'll hit it on our next cruise.

There was no grandfathering of Diamond because there was nothing to grandfather - it's a new level. It's separate from milestone. If you have over 25 cruises but are under the 200 days you're still just platinum.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My DH and I will be sailing on our 5th carnival cruise next month. I'm currently red due to the new VIFP program after being gold on my last 3 cruises. We will, however, surpass the 25 day mark while on our cruise. My booking shows us as red, but my cruise docs state gold so I'm assuming that we will become gold at the beginning of our cruise. Fortunately for us, we never missed a past guest party :)

Sorry, this is incorrect information. Changes to the loyalty program levels were made a year or so ago.

All past guests do receive a free drink coupon, though. It is restricted as to where you can get the free drink.

Call and check with Carnival. My brother had the same problem and they had more than one number for him. This happened the first time he cruised after the new program started. It took a while to get it straight. If you have info on all your cruises you can enter them yourself. Carnivals computer system is probably the worst of any major company and they are not smart enough to figure out the number of hours they use correcting the problems .

Yes and as a TA I know there can be multiple past guest numbers for 1 person. I see it all the time and all of his cruises may not be accounted for.

It doesn't take a TA to know that, but by you saying if the OP was gold under the old program, she should still be is inaccurate. Under the previous program, gold only required 1 previous sailing. Gold now requires several sailings and/or at least 25 days sailed. Several former gold card cruisers are no longer gold VIFP as a result.

My DH and I will be sailing on our 5th carnival cruise next month. I'm currently red due to the new VIFP program after being gold on my last 3 cruises. We will, however, surpass the 25 day mark while on our cruise. My booking shows us as red, but my cruise docs state gold so I'm assuming that we will become gold at the beginning of our cruise. Fortunately for us, we never missed a past guest party :)

lulubelle, have fun at the past guest party on the Miracle. They are waaaayyyyy better than the old past guest parties. Congrats on your 10 year anniversay.

Archived