Did I miss something? VIFP

NurseBPS

Call and check with Carnival. My brother had the same problem and they had more than one number for him. This happened the first time he cruised after the new program started. It took a while to get it straight. If you have info on all your cruises you can enter them yourself. Carnivals computer system is probably the worst of any major company and they are not smart enough to figure out the number of hours they use correcting the problems .

Called today...All cruises accounted for! boo!! After this cruise we are 3 days away from Gold! I tried to persuade them to let me attend the past guest party as we attended it before on the last cruise. We had not been invited to the past guest party on all cruises after our first one so I was unsure what the old rules really were. Guess we will just have an excuse to book more cruises! ;)

Called today...All cruises accounted for! boo!! After this cruise we are 3 days away from Gold! I tried to persuade them to let me attend the past guest party as we attended it before on the last cruise. We had not been invited to the past guest party on all cruises after our first one so I was unsure what the old rules really were. Guess we will just have an excuse to book more cruises! ;)

Old rules: past guest and on cruises of at least 5 days

Sure has, last time on the Glory two years ago was able to go to the party. Now on same ship same itinerary, not invited don't have enough days.

Are the key cards now coded to your level? Used to be all past cruisers got one color, first times another?

Has been this way for how long??? At least 7-8 rs that I know.

Are first cruisers still Blue ? It was always fun to notice all the Blue cards and their amazement when I would whip out my lanyard and hole puncher. I never saw many white cards. I do remember a time when they tried to make the coloring less obvious. And the waves around the Carnival name had the red, gold, platinum in them.

Our 8th Carnival cruise is starting next Sunday. We have been invited to past guest parties since the second cruise. I don't know what the big deal is about those "parties". First of all they are hardly parties. Its very hard to get even one of those "free" watered down drinks, and hors douvres are nearly non-existant. A couple officers come in and thank everyone, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then wham-bamm-thank-you-maam its over.

We quit going to them a couple cruises ago and don't miss the shoving and jockeying for seats etc.

Don't get me wrong, we will probably still continue to cruise Carnival. We just dont put much value in its VIFP program. They can call me Red or Gold or Platinum (they wont ever call me Diamond) I dont care. Just let me on the damned boat and sail me to an island.

Our 8th Carnival cruise is starting next Sunday. We have been invited to past guest parties since the second cruise. I don't know what the big deal is about those "parties". First of all they are hardly parties. Its very hard to get even one of those "free" watered down drinks, and hors douvres are nearly non-existant. A couple officers come in and thank everyone, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then wham-bamm-thank-you-maam its over.

We quit going to them a couple cruises ago and don't miss the shoving and jockeying for seats etc.

Don't get me wrong, we will probably still continue to cruise Carnival. We just dont put much value in its VIFP program. They can call me Red or Gold or Platinum (they wont ever call me Diamond) I dont care. Just let me on the damned boat and sail me to an island.

he past gust party has changed somewhat from the old past guest parties. Less passengers invited under the new Loyalty Program, Gold VIFP and above only. Drinks and food is better IMO.:cool:

he past gust party has changed somewhat from the old past guest parties. Less passengers invited under the new Loyalty Program, Gold VIFP and above only. Drinks and food is better IMO.:cool:

You Are So Right! Way Better :D

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Man we really enjoyed the last past guest party we went to! My DH and I each had several drinks, tried one of everything almost! And the food was pretty good as well! Thats why I am so bummed we are no longer invited! Guess I should have sailed that 9 nighter with Carnival and I would be gold still with the new system! O well!

Its very hard to get even one of those "free" watered down drinks, and hors douvres are nearly non-existant.

I LOVED the two past guest parties I went to (I only have 21 days, so I guess I'll be red for the next cruise). One of the crostini's they served was probably the best thing I ate on the entire ship. Wish I could have just ordered those all week! DH never had any problems getting his drinks, had 4 one party and 3 another, at that rate in a 30-45 minute party, I'm glad they were 'watered down'.

I don't drink alcohol much and LOVE the fruit punch they serve. I think it is the same thing that used to be on the Lido deck, but after our first cruise we never saw that punch up there on subsequent cruises.

Will be sad to miss it the next cruise, but not too big of a deal.

Archived