Question from a technically challenged tab owner

ondeckatsea

This is probably a dumb question but I'm throwing it out there anyways. We have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, it's all hooked up and we're using it at home. Is it any use to bring it on our Med. cruise next week? We do have internet privileges as we are Elite (Celebrity) and we are wondering how this works with a Tab. Are there hot spots on the ship or can we just use our 90 minutes each internet? Any help from you savvy folks will be appreciated by a couple of old coots.

This is probably a dumb question but I'm throwing it out there anyways. We have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, it's all hooked up and we're using it at home. Is it any use to bring it on our Med. cruise next week? We do have internet privileges as we are Elite (Celebrity) and we are wondering how this works with a Tab. Are there hot spots on the ship or can we just use our 90 minutes each internet? Any help from you savvy folks will be appreciated by a couple of old coots.

I always bring my tab or ipad. On the ship is will work just like a laptop...you will need to connect to the ships wireless....and yes this will use your minutes. You will find that you can connect almost anywhere on the ship subject to some dead spots here and there. Be careful if your tab has cellular capability (verizon, att, sprint, ect) because in port you could connect to the local network and incur astronomically high data charges. Best thing to do is shut this function. very easy to do.

Archived