Difference on Breeze compared to Dream?

Davey-D-99

Just sailed Dream two weeks ago and LOVED it.:D

We are currently thinking about a larger multi-family cruise for next February.

Considering Dream again but also interested in the 8 day cruises on Breeze.

What would be the main differences on Breeze compared to Dream?

Is Breeze essentially the same ship as Dream just a little newer?

Thanks

Dream had a lot of flaws and used to have smell issues.

Breeze and Magic have the Italian pay option for dinner, the rope course and the Red Frog Pub ($3.33 entrees).

Im told Breeze has even more things than Magic, but Ive only been on Magic, not Breeze. Breeze will have all the newest things that Magic didnt get.

Maybe someone will see your thread who did Breeze which Ive heard is fabulous. I thought Magic was gorgeous with its dark green. I have read what else Breeze has but cant remember. Im a Texan so didnt really care I guess.

The pay Italian for dinner is $12 pp.

this is the rope course.

Voyager3295.jpg

Just sailed Dream two weeks ago and LOVED it.:D

We are currently thinking about a larger multi-family cruise for next February.

Considering Dream again but also interested in the 8 day cruises on Breeze.

Thanks

The decor of the Breeze is VERY different - very "resort" like. No neon at all....

The Breeze also has things like the Thrill Theatre, Guys Burgers, Bonsai Sushi the Blue Iguana....off the top of my head.

Hi have been on both. Rope course yep! However the decor is the biggest difference IMHO . Very caribbean , calming almost. Booked it, you will have a blast!

So you prefer the Breeze, that sounds good. Going in July on the Breeze so all of these comments are great.

It doesnt have the favorite of them all, Guy's burgers. It didnt get that.

they are really really good, like steak.

I believe it only got the red frog rum bar and blue iguana tequila bar. Plus the george Lopez comedy brunch. It didn't get the new food or alchemy bar.

For me, I enjoyed the Breeze way better than the Dream. The decor is nicer, they have the Red Frog Pub that the Dre doesn't have and I find that it flows better.

Joanne

I believe it only got the red frog rum bar and blue iguana tequila bar. Plus the george Lopez comedy brunch. It didn't get the new food or alchemy bar.

I don't think the Dream has the Blue Iguana. But I could have missed it... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Davey-D-99,

We sailed Dream a few years ago and looking back I think of Dream as just another Carnival ship. Dreams' Spa is AWESOME, but the rest of the ship is just laid out basically like Breeze with that being the end of the similarity to Breeze. On Breeze the passenger flow patterns are managed so well that you barely notice that you are being guided and there are so many areas of activity that each area is left with few passengers compared to Dream.

In terms of decor, Dream and Breeze aren't even similar. Breeze is hands down much nicer in every area.

Keep your fond memories of Dream, but book Breeze. :)

I went on the Dream in Feb and the Breeze in April and the Breeze beats out the Dream by far! The Breeze is my new favorite Carnival ship and I was very impressed with everything it had to offer. The decor was the biggest surprise to me! I didn't get to do everything the ship had to offer on our 8 day cruise, so I am just going to have to book her again! The biggest downside to the Dream to me is no Guys Burgers-big fail for Carnival there.

We have also sailed both. We started our Dream vacation with 3 days at WDW. ONe of those days was when President Obama went. It was really, really not as good by far compared to the previous 3 WDW vacations. The customer service was severely lacking. THat was what we loved about Disney! From the minute we stepped on to the Dream it was like we were royalty, lol. NO exaggeration. It was our first cruise since getting engaged on the Inspiration in 1999! We became hooked :D

We decided to book another cruise the following January, and invited my dad, mom, and of course the two boys. I was actually nervous that our bar was set really high and it was going to be a let down. About 5 months before sailing, we learned that John Heald was having his bloggers cruise the same week. All in all we had a great time. I will agree with all that said the Breeze is the better of the two.

I did think our experience with embarkation in Port Canaveral was marginally better. I also found our room steward slightly better on The Dream. WIth that said both vacations were great! I would sail on either vessel again without hesitation. We are booked on The Sunshine next January. I have wanted to go to New Orleans for a while and we are excited to see the makeover. We are not sailing with the bloggers again this time though.

We cruised both ships. I feel it was a toss up. The Dream still had the Vegas style shows while the Breeze had the Productions show with crappy singers. The food was the same except I enjoyed the Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina burritos...on the Breeze. Check out my reviews of both in my sig.

We cruised both ships. I feel it was a toss up. The Dream still had the Vegas style shows while the Breeze had the Productions show with crappy singers. The food was the same except I enjoyed the Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina burritos...on the Breeze. Check out my reviews of both in my sig.

The Production show singers that you had have been replaced with the cast from the Conquest, and they put the Breezes cast to the Conquest. Last week was their first sailings for both teams to their new ship.

Joanne

Davey-D-99,

We sailed Dream a few years ago and looking back I think of Dream as just another Carnival ship. Dreams' Spa is AWESOME, but the rest of the ship is just laid out basically like Breeze with that being the end of the similarity to Breeze. On Breeze the passenger flow patterns are managed so well that you barely notice that you are being guided and there are so many areas of activity that each area is left with few passengers compared to Dream.

In terms of decor, Dream and Breeze aren't even similar. Breeze is hands down much nicer in every area.

Keep your fond memories of Dream, but book Breeze.

Thanks...Although it is obviously going to cost us more for an 8 night cruise...it's sounds like sailing the Breeze might be the best choice.

:D

Have been on both, the breeze being we just came back less than a week ago and well needless to say hubby and I are already booked for next april again on the Breeze!! Absolutly loved the ship , the Decor is beautiful the food , so many options , as far as the Itailan restaurant, we just went there for lunch , which costs nothing and it was fabulous and they give you lots of food!! We loved the rope course although my youngest , we had to tell her it was time to get off, lol!! The ship was we were told was booked, but to be honest I couldnt say there were lines all over at the buffet or food areas.....And we usually cruise during Spring break. Book the Breeze you wont be sorry, well at least we were'nt!!

PS , no smell like on the Dream, and we LOVED that ship!!

We loved the rope course although my youngest , we had to tell her it was time to get off, lol!!

Does that cost any extra? Sounds like my son would love it?

the Itailan restaurant, we just went there for lunch , which costs nothing and it was fabulous and they give you lots of food!!

You mention it's free for lunch...I assume that means it does cost extra for a dinner seating? If so how much? We love a good Italian meal:)

Does that cost any extra? Sounds like my son would love it?

You mention it's free for lunch...I assume that means it does cost extra for a dinner seating? If so how much? We love a good Italian meal:)

The rope course costs nothing...

And as far as cost for eating dinner at Cucina , Adults are $12 and kids are $5....Which we just did lunch but had heard dinner was fabulous and like lunch you get ALOT of food!!

Archived