port of nyc and nj

matt87

hey guys. love cruising with carnival out of nyc. its just plain easier to drive to the ship, park, and board. my concerns for carnival though is the competition. with the ncl breakaway, and the rcci quantum of the seas being brand new, state of the art ships being ported out of nyc and nj. what does that mean for carnival? the 2008 built splendor while large, is not in the same league as those two. think they should bring a dream class ship in to do battle?

hey guys. love cruising with carnival out of nyc. its just plain easier to drive to the ship, park, and board. my concerns for carnival though is the competition. with the ncl breakaway, and the rcci quantum of the seas being brand new, state of the art ships being ported out of nyc and nj. what does that mean for carnival? the 2008 built splendor while large, is not in the same league as those two. think they should bring a dream class ship in to do battle?

half the ship, half the price

no, they'd still come in 3rd.

Just leave the Splendor there and pick up the scraps. At least ot'll be the cheapest cruise out of NY vs. the other 2 ships.

Bill

no, they'd still come in 3rd.

Just leave the Splendor there and pick up the scraps. At least ot'll be the cheapest cruise out of NY vs. the other 2 ships.

Bill

I agree. Carnival will fill a void with first time passangers that want to cuise out of NY/NJ but don't want to pay the higher fares of the Breakaway and Quantum of the seas. Plenty of population with a days drive to the pier to fill all the ships. Additionally look at south Florida, Carnival competes with the Epic, Allure, and Oasis and still managers to fill to sell out there.

Archived