Late into St. Thomas

edpeeks

For all the times we have been to St. Thomas we have never arrived so late @ 11AM (leaving @ 7PM). My question is...Since we have always stayed on St. Thomas (usually Sapphire Beach) is it worth going over to St. John for the first time (Red Hook Ferry) with this time frame?

We prefer to eat on the boat. So shortly after we dock, eat lunch (I guess the 1PM RH ferry would be the first available) and head over. We would want to get back in time for early service (6PM). Are the beaches in the PM so crowded and are any tours of St. John available in the afternoon?

I have no problem in going back to Sapphire. We would just like a change. Thanks in advance for all the forthcoming help!

To catch the 1 PM ferry you will need to be in a cab and on your way to Red Hook by 12:30 PM at the latest. Traffic is a bit unpredictable. That will put you on St. John by around 1:30 PM. If you want to be on the ship to eat for 6 PM you will need to be back on a ferry by around 4:30 PM. So you will have about 3 hrs. to do what you want on St. John. Only you can decide if that is enough time for you and whether or not it is worth the effort to get there and back.

It is a beautiful island with awesome beaches. I am not sure how much luck you will have finding a tour in the afternoon as that is when most people head back to St. Thomas. Though you may be able to hire a taxi to give you a tour.

Archived