Foreign exchange on Board?

Fan4Fathom

Our experience in the Baltic last year was the same as the previous poster's. In Riga, two reps from a bank came on board to exchange money. They also exchanged unused lats back into dollars, or Russian money if you wanted that, since our next port was St. Petersburg. I hadn't planned to use latvian money in Riga, so I don't know what the exchange rate was or if they were charging a fee (don't think so). However, my husband got a small amount of lats, and we later used most of them to get a snack at McDonalds. In Riga, few restaurants take euros, so the lats (surprisingly) came in handy.

I am on Nautica now

Today we were in Fujairah in the Emirates

Bank on board as soon as we docked to exchange money

Still better to go to an ATM

Very interesting! I doubt I will ever get to the Emirates, so I'm not sure why I'm even asking this question, but: I assume there is no requirement for an ATM card to have a pin and chip, is there, as is true in some European locations, right?

I see you will be heading to northern Europe in July. Do you think you will be on Cruise Critic then? I will be there in very early August (although on Marina) and have a few questions that perhaps you can answer if you are! They mostly pertain to whether there are shuttles to town, and of course, the ever-present questions about temperature and rain frequency!

Very interesting! I doubt I will ever get to the Emirates, so I'm not sure why I'm even asking this question, but: I assume there is no requirement for an ATM card to have a pin and chip, is there, as is true in some European locations, right?

I see you will be heading to northern Europe in July. Do you think you will be on Cruise Critic then? I will be there in very early August (although on Marina) and have a few questions that perhaps you can answer if you are! They mostly pertain to whether there are shuttles to town, and of course, the ever-present questions about temperature and rain frequency!

ATM card does not need chip. Just four digit pin

I have no trip in July. Not sure where you got that info

You can check the weather network for historical information ...does not mean it will be the same for your cruise

In 2010 we were in Amsterdam it was 30+C we were there in 2012 same time frame it was 15C

Weather is unpredictable :D

Archived