Restaurant Walking Distance from Port

KarenMF

I am looking for a restaurant that is walking distance from the port for dinner. I will be on the Carnival Freedom in July and we are in port until 11 pm.

I might get the spelling wrong on a couple, Bistro LeCholard ,Steak and Ribs, both in Rif Fort. Gouvener,Scampi's and Grill King.

I am looking for a restaurant that is walking distance from the port for dinner. I will be on the Carnival Freedom in July and we are in port until 11 pm.

Hi, We were on the Freedom last month and had a great time hanging out in Curacao. There will be plenty of restaurants to choose from but if you want a nice view with live music, right on the waterfront- I'd recommend the Iguana Cafe. It's impossible to miss as it is located across the pontoon bridge in the downtown "Handleskade" district.

We only had drinks there (quite good), so I can't attest for the food. We did see plenty of people eating around us and the dishes looked good. As for atmosphere, it can't be beat.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk there.

Here is a picture of the outdoor seating at the waterfront. We were lucky to be treated to a full moon rising that night:

DSC07716_zpsb9b419eb.jpg

The front of the building:

IMG_7527_zps0c1fe459.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, We were on the Freedom last month and had a great time hanging out in Curacao. There will be plenty of restaurants to choose from but if you want a nice view with live music, right on the waterfront- I'd recommend the Iguana Cafe. It's impossible to miss as it is located across the pontoon bridge in the downtown "Handleskade" district.

We only had drinks there (quite good), so I can't attest for the food. We did see plenty of people eating around us and the dishes looked good. As for atmosphere, it can't be beat.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk there.

Thanks - I remember that place from the last time I was there. Didn't stop there, but I remember seeing it.

• 5 months later...
The Iguana Cafe is a cool place to have drinks and people-watch. For dinner - not so much.

You can find much much better food at any of the restaurants mentioned by Curacaoqueen.

We had lunch there on one of our stops in Curacao and maybe it was just a bad day but our lunch wasn't so wonderful. It was okay but we wouldn't go out of our way to return.

We were in Curacao for a week about two years ago and drove for 45 minutes each way to eat at Gouvener twice!

The food was incredible, service outstanding and the ambiance was wonderful. The indoor seating feels like you are in a Mediterranean courtyard and the views from the 2nd floor deck outdoor seating are beautiful.

Enjoy!

We were in Curacao for a week about two years ago and drove for 45 minutes each way to eat at Gouvener twice!

The food was incredible, service outstanding and the ambiance was wonderful. The indoor seating feels like you are in a Mediterranean courtyard and the views from the 2nd floor deck outdoor seating are beautiful.

Enjoy!

Where IS Gouvener?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your responses to the OP. We will be in Curacao in a couple of weeks and are looking for a place for drinks after dinner. The Iguana Café looks like just the spot. My concern is safety - walking from the ship to the Café - is it safe on that route, well lit?

Thank you for your responses to the OP. We will be in Curacao in a couple of weeks and are looking for a place for drinks after dinner. The Iguana Café looks like just the spot. My concern is safety - walking from the ship to the Café - is it safe on that route, well lit?

The Iguana Cafe doesn't stay open until very late and isn't really far from the ship. So, this would be a good option for some drinks.

To be perfectly safe (minimum walking distance), you may also choose to have drinks within Riffort Village at one of the many terraces (The Soprano's, Chihuaha Cantina, etc).

Have a fun cruise!

The Iguana Cafe doesn't stay open until very late and isn't really far from the ship. So, this would be a good option for some drinks.

To be perfectly safe (minimum walking distance), you may also choose to have drinks within Riffort Village at one of the many terraces (The Soprano's, Chihuaha Cantina, etc).

Have a fun cruise!

Excellent suggestions! Is Riffort Village new? It's been about 4 years since I last visited Curacao.

Archived