Kids Sail Free on NCL

ToddlerMom

Hi:

I'm new here and this is my first post.

We are 2 50+ with a kid age 9. Thanks for posting the Kids Sail Free on NCL.

Some questions here:

- Are these good cruises:

Norwegian Sun

Ports of Call: Whittier; Hubbard Glacier; Icy Strait Point; Juneau; Sawyer Glacier; Skagway; Ketchikan; Cruising the Inside Passage; Vancouver, Canada

Cruise fares from: $429

Norwegian Jewel

Ports of Call: Seattle; Ketchikan; Juneau; Sawyer Glacier; Skagway; Victoria, BC, Canada

Cruise fares from; $399

Norwegian Sun

Ports of Call: Seattle; Juneau; Skagway; Glacier Bay; Ketchikan; Victoria, BC, Canada

Fares from $399

Do cruises usually charge full price for kid who share a state room with parents (third person)?

How much will the tax and fee be? Does the kids that get in free need to pay tax?

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thank you!

Hi:

Some questions here:

Norwegian Sun

Ports of Call: Whittier; Hubbard Glacier; Icy Strait Point; Juneau; Sawyer Glacier; Skagway; Ketchikan; Cruising the Inside Passage; Vancouver, Canada

Norwegian Jewel

Ports of Call: Seattle; Ketchikan; Juneau; Sawyer Glacier; Skagway; Victoria, BC, Canada

Cruise fares from; $399

Norwegian Sun

Ports of Call: Seattle; Juneau; Skagway; Glacier Bay; Ketchikan; Victoria, BC, Canada

Fares from $399

I dislike NCL greatly, so I wouldn't book any of them, but lots of people love them. If you like the ports, any of them are good cruises. Just depends on what you want to see, and what ports you are interested in.

Do cruises usually charge full price for kid who share a state room with parents (third person)?

How much will the tax and fee be? Does the kids that get in free need to pay tax?

Usually the third person is a reduced rate, but yes, you will still pay taxes, even if they are "free". You will also pay tips for that person.

If you want to find out the exact cost, contact a TA and have them price it for you, or simply do a dummy booking on NCL's webpage and see what the total will be.

Hi:

Some questions here:

Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Jewel

Cruise fares from; $399

Norwegian Sun

Fares from $399

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thank you!

I love NCL and Alaska was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had (though I was with a different line for Alaska).

To answer your other questions...typically the third person fare is a reduced amount regardless of whether its a child or adult, but not always.

Taxes and fees depend on the ports you are sailing to. Different ports have different fees, but to give you an estimate my 8 nt cruise to the Eastern Caribbean taxes and fees are approximately $110. Even if the child's cruise fare is reduced or free they will still be charged taxes, fees, and gratuity.

Thanks 6rugrats and lovebelle for the information.

Do you consider this a good price 7 day inner cabin for $400 ?

I priced them out tax and fee for 2 adult 1 child around $500 total

$1400.

Do I have to book directly with them? I read somewhere said NCL don't use agent anymore? Thanks again.

Do you consider this a good price 7 day inner cabin for $400 ?

I priced them out tax and fee for 2 adult 1 child around $500 total

$1400.

Do I have to book directly with them? I read somewhere said NCL don't use agent anymore? Thanks again.

Can't address the cost issue. What's important is if you think it's a good price.

I think you may have read that NCL won't allow TAs to discount? Yes, you can book an NCL cruise through a TA.

Archived