Help ~ should I submit ES request form?

QTPieRye

We are booked under ES on the Liberty on 1/11/2013. Category 8A, cabin #6450 (L-shaped cabin). I noticed today that the Past Guest rate is currently the same price we paid for our 8A, BUT they have free upgrades. So essentially, we could get an 8C for the same price I paid for my 8A.

Since we are not interested in giving up our L-shaped cabin, would there be any benefit of submitting an ES form? Will they give us some sort of a OBC or just give us the option to upgrade to an 8C and move cabins? Hope this makes sense. Thanks a bunch :)

We are booked under ES on the Liberty on 1/11/2013. Category 8A, cabin #6450 (L-shaped cabin). I noticed today that the Past Guest rate is currently the same price we paid for our 8A, BUT they have free upgrades. So essentially, we could get an 8C for the same price I paid for my 8A.

Since we are not interested in giving up our L-shaped cabin, would there be any benefit of submitting an ES form? Will they give us some sort of a OBC or just give us the option to upgrade to an 8C and move cabins? Hope this makes sense. Thanks a bunch :)

On your 1/11/2014 cruise, I think you'd have to take the upgrade to 8B or 8C because it is the same price. Doubt you'd get any OBC out of it.

Nope, you don't have to switch categories....I just received my OBC and didn't switch cabins or anything.

Nope, you don't have to switch categories....I just received my OBC and didn't switch cabins or anything.

Please re-read the original post. There is no OBC offered. It's the same price that OP paid for 8A but with a free upgrade to 8C. She wants to keep 8A cabin and there is no OBC option.

Do keep checking for further price drops, though. We have a 4B cabin on Freedom for Jan. 2014 B2B. We booked Early Saver. Yesterday, the Past Guest rate for 4A with upgrades to 4B or 4C was cheaper than what we paid for 4B. I submitted the Early Saver form for both cruises, and when I checked "Manage My Cruise" a few hours later, the price drop had been honored.

You only get OBC after final payment or price reduction before final payment if the price of your 8A goes lower than what you paid. If you find a lower price for an 8A, by all means turn in the form.

Thanks everyone! I am not willing to give up my 8A "premium balcony" for an 8C... I will be curious of the past guest rate or other rate does drop for a regular 8A balcony, if they will honor it for our cabin. I don't see why they wouldn't because it is listed as an 8A.... fingers crossed for a price reduction. If not, I am perfectly happy with the great cabin and great price I got to begin with :D

Thanks everyone! I am not willing to give up my 8A "premium balcony" for an 8C... I will be curious of the past guest rate or other rate does drop for a regular 8A balcony, if they will honor it for our cabin. I don't see why they wouldn't because it is listed as an 8A.... fingers crossed for a price reduction. If not, I am perfectly happy with the great cabin and great price I got to begin with :D

Keep checking the 8A price, as long as they drop, its worth it for you.

Archived