Live from Nautica

pacheco18

You have to return --

You missed some of the best parts like Masada, Dead Sea, Old Jaffa, the Negev desert, Elat... :) and some of the worst parts TLV Taxi Drivers

Enjoy the rest of the cruise...

All on my list. You are right. So much more I must see

We are anchored at glorious Santorini today. We have been here before so no touring. We will meander, shop and have a Greek lunch. We are looking forward to the slow pace of the day. I have been to Greece a number of times and I never tire of it. Our three stops in the Mediterranean (Santorini, Taormina and Sorrento) are the perfect way to end this amazing cruise

Decided to see what my butler could do and yes he got us priority tender tickets so we will be on the first tender for independent guests.

Our last sea day. Then Taormina, Sorrento and home

The on board experience continues to be exceptional. Lots of folks booking cruises on board

The grand tea was superb. I have missed every show so I cannot comment about entertainment. We've had good laundry specials --20 items for 20 bucks. A good deal, especially if you send out the higher cost stuff

Santorini was wonderful as always. Nice to be here when not too hot

Best shopping at White House. Best food at Nikko's. we had an excellent Greek buffet in the terrace last night.

Today the wonderful on board jeweler raffled off 10 items. You received a ticket if you purchased. And I won! A lovely copper mesh necklace. I never win these things. Good karma on this ship

Starting to pack. Miss our dogs so ready to go home. Next cruise in August so not too long to wait.

Sudden port change but well handled

Tendering in Taormina not possible so we dock in Messina instead Captain was able to make last minute arrangement

The concierge is helping everyone with private tours contact the guides so that alternative meeting points can be arranged

We are delighted by the change. We have been to Taormina and it would have cost 90 euro for a taxi back and forth from the pier

Messina town center is a six minute walk from the pier and we have never been there. For us the change is good

Hello Laraine from Steve & Maria. We were with you on the inaugural Marina TA from Rome to Miami. We have recently booked the Lisbon to Rio and b2b on to Buenos Aires in November 2014 on the Marina.

We were wondering if the "genuine Rolex" purchased in Tangiers was stiill working?

Good to see that you are still traveling and active on the roll calls. Maybe we will cross paths again.

Hello steve and Maria

Good to hear from you

One couple from out ta is on this cruise

The Rolex stopped working as soon as we got home. Lol

I never let bob forget it.

We laugh about it all the time

If we ever get back to tangier I will find that guy .....

Hope you are traveling and loving it and I do hope we cruise together again in the future

Suez Canal transit

Fabulous.

Perfect weather. Blue sky. Breezy.

We lucked out with cabin selection as our balcony faces the scenic side of the transit. We woke up, opened the drapes and were wowed

We are now on pool deck just soaking up the scenery

Again, this itinerary is beyond superb.

I can't understand why I waited so long to see this part of the world.

Hi Laraine,

I have been so envious reading your posts. Was desperate to be on this cruise, but DH had health issues, so... I loved your posts about your experience in Egypt. I, too, have felt very sorry for the plight of the common Egyptian people. They have suffered so much, especially in these past few years, and it was so refreshing to read a post from someone which was not dictated by "fear of the other". We have spent some time in the recent past, on our own in Cairo before and after a land tour.

But, which side does your cabin face? I was intrigued by your comment of "the scenic side of the transit". I'm hoping to do this trip sooner rather than later. The 2013 itinerary sounded pretty perfect to me (pushed all my buttons!) and I was sorry to let it go.

Mya

Hi Laraine,

I have been so envious reading your posts. Was desperate to be on this cruise, but DH had health issues, so... I loved your posts about your experience in Egypt. I, too, have felt very sorry for the plight of the common Egyptian people. They have suffered so much, especially in these past few years, and it was so refreshing to read a post from someone which was not dictated by "fear of the other". We have spent some time in the recent past, on our own in Cairo before and after a land tour.

But, which side does your cabin face? I was intrigued by your comment of "the scenic side of the transit". I'm hoping to do this trip sooner rather than later. The 2013 itinerary sounded pretty perfect to me (pushed all my buttons!) and I was sorry to let it go.

Mya

Even numbers

I don't know port from starboard lol

Signing off. Spent our last day touring the Amalfi coast with the fabulous Marcello. A splendid way to end an amazing cruise

Bags are packed and outside. We miss our dogs and are ready to go home

Just remember when facing the front of the ship left is port (both have 4 letters) ;)

right is Starboard

You are giving me too many things to remember lol

I'll just ask my butler next time to put signs in the stateroom. It will be something else for him to do

Lolol

Thanks for your reply, Laraine.

As a non-boat person, I appreciated the hint that port and left have fewer letters than right and starboard!! (now will I remember that next year?:))

Mya

As long as you remember which way to face.

Archived