Summit Aft Cabins

sabookkeeper

We are looking at booking a C1 aft cabin on the Summit. I have read that the aft cabins on the S class ships often have soot on them. Is this the same on the summit? Is there one deck that is better for these cabins?

Hi,

Our group had 3 C1 aft/stern cabins on the Millie this past Oct/Nov...(1) on 9, (1) on 8 and (1) on 7...no soot. There is a canvas awning that covers part of the HUGE balconies. Remember that cabins on 9 are under the outside sitting area of the Cafe and Bar, so some chair-scraping/music (if live entertainment is taking place) noise can be a factor.

I know someone on here once posted the exact measurements of the balconies, and if I recall, they are a bit longer on each subsequent lower deck...To minimize chance of noise, best go with deck 7 or 8.

Enjoy...they are great cabins/balconies with a wonderful wake view !!

Woody

We are looking at booking a C1 aft cabin on the Summit. I have read that the aft cabins on the S class ships often have soot on them. Is this the same on the summit? Is there one deck that is better for these cabins?

We have sailed on the M Class ships many times, including the Summit 4 times, and have never had that problem. These are the cabins with the huge decks, and the ones on deck 7 will have the largest of those decks. If you are able to snag one, go for it. The following pictures were taken 6 years ago, but will give you some idea of the size of the aft balconies. The second picture shows the stateroom numbers of the cabins.The last picture is a shot of the family view cabins (on decks 7 and 8, on the starboard side), which have huge corner balconies... go for one of those if you can! Have a great cruise.

Summit-Aft-Sideview-05-Mexi-L.jpgSummit-Aft-Labeled-LS-L.jpgP1030480-L.jpg

Thanks for the info and picture. We love the aft balcony and watching the wake. Unfortunately, when Princess changed their cabin classifications, the cost of the aft cabins went too high to justify booking them. This is one of the reasons we have switched to Celebrity.

We have sailed in aft balcony cabins on M-class three times, most recently aboard Summit. Never had any soot. They are great cabins. I consider Deck 9 to be a shade less desirable than Deck 7 or 8 because of its closer proximity to the public deck above.

Archived