Need recomendation RI to NY

Bgem75

We are going to be cruising on the NCL Breakaway in September. The bus transportation through NCL is very expensive. We live in RI and were looking for recommendations for a transportation company to get to port in NY.

Thanks in advance for any info.:o

We're you looking at Entertainment Tours? Have you priced the regular bus service from Providence to NYC? It is a short cab ride from Port Authority or any other midtown drop off point to the pier.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also live in Rhode Island, South County. It takes me exactly 2-1/2 hours to get to the port and it is an easy ride. Paying at the port works out cheaper than taking the train and then a taxi to the port and when you disembark, your car is right there and home you go.

Best directions I use are:

95 south to the Merrit Pkwy/Hutchinson Pkwy South to the Cross County to Saw Mill Pkwy south then onto the Henry Hudson south. The exit off the HH takes you directly to the pier parking and is very easy to find.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Tracy

Just used Entertainment Tours (now Academy) from TF Green to NY cruise terminal. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! We barely made the ship on Saturday 5/25. Driver made a 45 minute rest stop because we were "ahead of schedule". He never took into account unforeseen traffic! He then dropped off Carnival passengers first, their ship was leaving at 4:00 our ship 3:00. We just made muster for 2:30!!!! Driver coming back was better and he even told me that he doesn't stop going to NYC because it is too risky! Drive home took 4 hrs with a 20 minute stop, drive down took 6++ hrs. !!! Also, the wait to come back is a pain. You have to be off by 10 am and the bus doesn't pick up until 12-1 pm.

my wife and i took amtrak from NY to providence last year and it was great. the scenery going up the coast is great and it was a nice smooth ride. we plan to do it round trip in december when we cruise out of NY again

My daughter is a URI graduate, and she usually came home to NY on Amtrak. She was able to use her laptop on the train, work on school papers (and let's be honest, twitter and facebook).

It's a quick cab ride from Penn Station to the port,

Archived