Zumba on 3 day coastals?

remydiva

Love my zumba especially at sea but wonder if they bother doing it on the short 3 day coastals with 2 at sea days?

I am packing for tues cruise and want to know if i should bother taking my shorts etc.

If anyone has been on one and knows, i appreciate your response.

I would not be surprised if they did. They have the Zumba person onboard for the previous and subsequent cruises, so would likely keep for the Coastal. As long as the person did not finish contract at end of prior. Then they might wait the three days to bring on another.

Love my zumba especially at sea but wonder if they bother doing it on the short 3 day coastals with 2 at sea days?

I am packing for tues cruise and want to know if i should bother taking my shorts etc.

If anyone has been on one and knows, i appreciate your response.

If they do my wife will be right there with you..

Great..at least there will two of us looking for zumba in the Patter and waiting to hear " Waka Waka ( This Time for Africa)" by Sharika which is a fav song for Princess Zumba.

One listen to this videomwill get your wife in the right mood!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpRpeEdMmmQ0

Great..at least there will two of us looking for zumba in the Patter and waiting to hear " Waka Waka ( This Time for Africa)" by Sharika which is a fav song for Princess Zumba.

One listen to this videomwill get your wife in the right mood!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpRpeEdMmmQ0

Remydiva, I am also a zumba fan. I was on the Caribbean Princess April20-27.

On our 3 sea days we had zumba TWICE a day. ( 9:30am and 4:30pm ). And yes I went to BOTH classes. We had two male instructors that week. Nat from Brazil was staying on but Armando left when we returned to FLL. He was headed for LA for training his new ship the Royal Princess. The classes were great and they did play your favorite song.

Sali

I was wondering this as well... I am on the first Alaska itinerary of the Island after she does the coastal. I guess if it is not offered yet, I can either offer to teach for free or go to the gym and practice on my own. I did this earlier in the year on the QE, and another ZIN showed up so we practiced together. By the end of the week we had a small class :)

IMG_2173_zpsa891259a.jpg

Image5_zps07474241.jpg

I was wondering this as well... I am on the first Alaska itinerary of the Island after she does the coastal. I guess if it is not offered yet, I can either offer to teach for free or go to the gym and practice on my own. I did this earlier in the year on the QE, and another ZIN showed up so we practiced together. By the end of the week we had a small class :)

IMG_2173_zpsa891259a.jpg

Image5_zps07474241.jpg

We had large crowds in the classes. Maybe because it was in the Caribbean.

Where are you located in the Adirondacks ? I live in Syracuse !

Sali

We had large crowds in the classes. Maybe because it was in the Caribbean.

Where are you located in the Adirondacks ? I live in Syracuse !

Sali

They sure can get large, the Zumba class on Emerald totally filled Club Fusion, must have had 200 people, and that was a repositioning.

Have you ever heard of Saranac Lake? I am about ten minutes west of Lake Placid.

They sure can get large, the Zumba class on Emerald totally filled Club Fusion, must have had 200 people, and that was a repositioning.

Have you ever heard of Saranac Lake? I am about ten minutes west of Lake Placid.

On our TA a couple of years ago, Club Fusion filled up too...on the floor, by the bar, all around the tables and chairs...out into the 'lobby'...the bar tenders handed out glasses of ice cold water with ice during and after which was really appreciated!

Remydiva I enjoy the spirit of the larger groups.

Ginny- I have been to Saranac Lake on the way to Lake Placid.I know someone graduating this year from Paul Smith and I went to Potsdam State ! On my April cruise there were people originally from Syracuse and met a couple from Auburn , NY who knew some of the same people I knew. What a small world.

Last November, there was someone on the cruise director staff from India who taught Bollywood classes. That was a lot of fun but many different steps and a patient teacher. We had a number of classes in the piazza when we were learning. The last class we did all the dances we had learned. We all realized that would be our only opportunity for that class because of the staff member.Not used to having that large audience in the piazza, but so intent on remembering the steps I forgot about the audience.

Sali

Remydiva, I am also a zumba fan. I was on the Caribbean Princess April20-27.

On our 3 sea days we had zumba TWICE a day. ( 9:30am and 4:30pm ). And yes I went to BOTH classes. We had two male instructors that week. Nat from Brazil was staying on but Armando left when we returned to FLL. He was headed for LA for training his new ship the Royal Princess. The classes were great and they did play your favorite song.

Sali

Could you tell me is the zumba classes the real high level or more of the zumba gold level? thanks

If you're on the Star this Tues, my wife will be bringing her little Jambox and will be doing it at the gym (studio) if no one is using it. The star has this nice stand-alone studio next to the gym.

If you're on the Star this Tues, my wife will be bringing her little Jambox and will be doing it at the gym (studio) if no one is using it. The star has this nice stand-alone studio next to the gym.

Sounds like a plan..if she does, will,she put up a sign or get it in the patter?

Ps just went back and packed my official Zumba top.!

Could you tell me is the zumba classes the real high level or more of the zumba gold level? thanks

Not sure what you mean by "high level " but i suspect you would call Princess Zumba a level good for new or intermediate and even advanced will have fun. heh, you might be dancing between tables if it gets busy so no one takes it too seriously!

PLUS if it is rough seas, then even seasoned Zumbas have a workout trying to remain steady on their feet! Always a great turnout and always fun...go at your own pace and you will have fun.

What time?

No sign. She'll just be going up to the studio to see if it is empty and just do her thing while I'll be on the weights. If the room is occupied, she'll be on the treadmill dancing while listening to her mp3 player. We usually workout after breakfast. Look for a little Asian woman in bright workout clothing with either a single or double pony tail. :cool: But, again, since this cruise is going up to Vancouver, there will be many little Asian women on board.

Remydiva I enjoy the spirit of the larger groups.

Ginny- I have been to Saranac Lake on the way to Lake Placid.I know someone graduating this year from Paul Smith and I went to Potsdam State ! On my April cruise there were people originally from Syracuse and met a couple from Auburn , NY who knew some of the same people I knew. What a small world.

Last November, there was someone on the cruise director staff from India who taught Bollywood classes. That was a lot of fun but many different steps and a patient teacher. We had a number of classes in the piazza when we were learning. The last class we did all the dances we had learned. We all realized that would be our only opportunity for that class because of the staff member.Not used to having that large audience in the piazza, but so intent on remembering the steps I forgot about the audience.

Sali

My DH went to Potsdam and one of my fellow ZINs went to PSC. ....small world for sure!

I love Bollywood in fact a lot of my Zumba routines are Bollywood, Bhangra and belly dancing....might be because of my Greek background but they seem to be my specialty. :)

On the Emerald last year they were advertised as Zumba but the instructor who did the course said he was teaching at the Zumba Gold level. I'm licensed in both, and Zumba Gold has a bit less impact but still gives you a good workout.

For those of you unfamiliar with Zumba Gold, it is geared toward seniors and beginners. There is also a limited mobility Zumba Gold for people in wheelchairs which I do at nursing homes as a volunteer.

It really depends on the instructor. In November,I thought it was a higher gold. In April it was regular zumba+. The instructors say they will push you but you know your bodies and modify if you need to. Most beginners stayed in the back.

I do a lot of zumba at home and I was just very happy to have it at sea.

Sali

I will check if you are ever on any of my cruises. I would gladly do zumba with you.

Sali

Good to know about the Star, I'll be there on Friday for the one-day :)

Not sure what you mean by "high level " but i suspect you would call Princess Zumba a level good for new or intermediate and even advanced will have fun. heh, you might be dancing between tables if it gets busy so no one takes it too seriously!

PLUS if it is rough seas, then even seasoned Zumbas have a workout trying to remain steady on their feet! Always a great turnout and always fun...go at your own pace and you will have fun.

Thanks, for your reply looking forward to trying it when we go on the Coral Princess in October. You are very right you just have to go at your own pace and enjoy. Sounds like zumba is really popular.

It really depends on the instructor. In November,I thought it was a higher gold. In April it was regular zumba+. The instructors say they will push you but you know your bodies and modify if you need to. Most beginners stayed in the back.

I do a lot of zumba at home and I was just very happy to have it at sea.

Sali

Thanks for your reply and you are right I do know my body. Have been doing it at home with a few other people and just love it some of the faster moves my daughter does just fine and I have to modify but I figure I am still working out and not sitting around, so it works.

Archived