Soda Package

We have 5 people in our reservation but only want to purchase 2 soda packages. From what I can see, we HAVE to purchase soda packages for ALL 5 of us. Does that sound right?? If so then that just stinks! On RCCL, we only wanted to get 3 soda packages & they let us.

I'm hoping I just didn't read the info I am seeing on here wrong :o

The soda package is an individual choice - for us it was indicated by a sticker on our room key. Not everyone in a room has to get it.

But to be clear, sodas are served in cups at the bar and with your meal. There isn't a self serve soda machine (you wait in line at the bar with everyone else getting drinks). There are sodas in your suite - those are not included either.

We have 5 people in our reservation but only want to purchase 2 soda packages. From what I can see, we HAVE to purchase soda packages for ALL 5 of us. Does that sound right?? If so then that just stinks! On RCCL, we only wanted to get 3 soda packages & they let us.

I would think they would do that to keep people from "sharing" with other people. I have seen posts of people who admit to that and I think that is terrible :mad:

I am not saying that I think the OP would do that though.

We have 5 people in our reservation but only want to purchase 2 soda packages. From what I can see, we HAVE to purchase soda packages for ALL 5 of us. Does that sound right??

That is not correct. The only requirement is that you need to buy it for each day of the cruise - so on a 7 day cruise you would need to buy it all 7 days, etc. You cannot buy it for 4 days of a 7 day cruise, etc.

I just called NCL to purchase the soda package for our son only for our upcoming cruise. I also didn't have to purchase anything for myself or my husband. :)

The confusion may be this: As I understand it, if ANY adult in the cabin wants to purchase the UBP, then EVERY person in cabin must take either the UBP or the soda package. So, in that instance, you could not get the pacage for some but not all.....

The confusion may be this: As I understand it, if ANY adult in the cabin wants to purchase the UBP, then EVERY person in cabin must take either the UBP or the soda package. So, in that instance, you could not get the pacage for some but not all.....

To be more exact: every person 21 or over in cabin must purchase the UBP and everyone under 21 must get the soda package. Adults can't opt for the soda package in that scenario.

I would think they would do that to keep people from "sharing" with other people. I have seen posts of people who admit to that and I think that is terrible :mad:

I am not saying that I think the OP would do that though.

We haven't sailed with NCL (hoping to next summer in Hawaii). On Carnival Dream, the way they do the soda package is a sticker on your card but they also swipe your card and your facial recognition comes up - so at least you can't hand your card to someone else to get soda - and to "share" they make it a lot more work.

We don't mind getting our soda from a bar - you nearly always go by one :) And we usually go to the same bar so the bartenders get to know us and what / how we like our soda or juice. We always tip them extra at the end of the week.

We sail a lot on Disney and while their soda is included with the cruise fare (people say free, but I say with their prices, you have paid for it and more!), I don't like how they have paper cups for dispensing - seems to create so much paper waste; the cruiselines we've sailed on with bar service give it to you in a glass or in a specially-purchased mug / container.

Archived