Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

Maybe a GREAT vacation is worth a couple of extra thousand dollars to some people. Who are we to tell them they should suck it up and tough it out so they get some free booze and a little money off. The buck stops with Carnival on this one.

My DH would have taken lemons and made lemonade. I wish I had more of that in my personality.:)

People who expect compensation are exactly the ones who should purchase insurance. Especially on an expensive vacation. But they don't and then whine that an exception should be made for them.

What is this? A ghost ship? Where are pix of an active ship?

If you look closely at the Lido Marketplace pictures, the blurry subjects are actually people walking :confused: and also towards the back in the seating area looks like theres a man occupying a seat eating perhaps...

If you look closely at the Lido Marketplace pictures, the blurry subjects are actually people walking :confused: and also towards the back in the seating area looks like theres a man occupying a seat eating perhaps...

Ah yes. He's holding the shutter open. I see them.

People who expect compensation are exactly the ones who should purchase insurance. Especially on an expensive vacation. But they don't and then whine that an exception should be made for them.

We don't even know if they asked for compensation. Some people get one vacation a year. Maybe, just maybe they thought they had a better chance of a great vacation by leaving the ship and going out on their own. If so, why should that bother anyone!

We don't even know if they asked for compensation. Some people get one vacation a year. Maybe, just maybe they thought they had a better chance of a great vacation by leaving the ship and going out on their own. If so, why should that bother anyone!

I don't know. It certainly doesn't bother me.

Apparently every cabin on the ship received $150 OBC in compensation and I doubt most of the people on the ship would use the slides even if available.

I have no doubt that some on the ship received more than the $150.

Apparently every cabin on the ship received $150 OBC in compensation and I doubt most of the people on the ship would use the slides even if available.

My Sisters room was changed. She didn't say why. Don't think it had anything to do with slides though. There is no way that there were 2 hour lines at the customer service desk because slides were not working. Do you?

For us the water slides would have been a major feature but your right. Didn't a passenger come on this thread to say they got a partial refund plus the 150 OBC.

Theres no point in guesstimating these matters just look at the passengers who have managed to report these issues on CC and other sites. While they all speak of the negatives they have mostly all said that the staff have gone above and beyond trying to rectify these matters!!

My Sisters room was changed. She didn't say why. Don't think it had anything to do with slides though. There is no way that there were 2 hour lines at the customer service desk because slides were not working. Do you?

Was your sister in one of the new spa cabins?

For someone not on the ship, I wonder how on earth one would know this? :confused:

Considerable experience with cruising on Carnival.

S.S., I think I can honestly say I've never looked forward to a cruise (other than one I was booked on) as much as I am looking forward to your Sunshine sailing. I hope you have a simply amazing time, and I very much look forward to your review and pics.............as I've enjoyed your other posts greatly.

We feel very lucky to be able to sail out of N.O.L.A. and also very lucky to have the 'new' Sunshine home-porting so close to home.

We are really looking forward to all of the 2.0 upgrades, and I think I may even give the 'rope course' a go.

Have a safe journey, and keep the batteries charged and the memory chip full, buddy.:D

Sarge, I am on the cruise right after yours. If you get a chance to get some pics of cabin 12001 or 12002 I would love to see what I am in or. From the descriptions they sound like captains suites with a separate living and bedrooms. Looking forward to the experience and I have every confidence they will be ready by he time I cruise.

Jim

Sarge, I am on the cruise right after yours. If you get a chance to get some pics of cabin 12001 or 12002 I would love to see what I am in or. From the descriptions they sound like captains suites with a separate living and bedrooms. Looking forward to the experience and I have every confidence they will be ready by he time I cruise.

Jim

Sorry, I don't see pictures of cabins happening. They tend to have passengers in them who get annoyed if I barge in. I'm not sure a picture of the door would help.

They are Spa Suites. The descriptions I see are:

12001 SS 275/65 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed

View: window and large balcony

Bathroom: whirlpool tub/shower-toilet-sink

Features: separate bedroom; 2 flat-screen-TVs; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; hair dryer; minibar; walk-in closet; 2 desks and 2 ottoman seats; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table balcony partition opens to: tba

Spa Stateroom / Non-Smoking

12002 SS 275/65 sq ft

Features: separate bedroom; 2 flat-screen-TVs; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; hair dryer; minibar; walk-in closet; 2 desks and 2 ottoman seats; sofa and coffee table

Considerable experience with cruising on Carnival.

We've been impatiently waiting for Carnival to release the May 2014 sailings so we can move our April booking to the May! After sailing the Breeze and seeing the changes on the Sunshine I can't wait to see your pics and read your review.

S.S., I think I can honestly say I've never looked forward to a cruise (other than one I was booked on) as much as I am looking forward to your Sunshine sailing. I hope you have a simply amazing time, and I very much look forward to your review and pics.............as I've enjoyed your other posts greatly.

We feel very lucky to be able to sail out of N.O.L.A. and also very lucky to have the 'new' Sunshine home-porting so close to home.

We are really looking forward to all of the 2.0 upgrades, and I think I may even give the 'rope course' a go.

Have a safe journey, and keep the batteries charged and the memory chip full, buddy.:D

Thank you. Always refreshing when a sane person posts!

We've been impatiently waiting for Carnival to release the May 2014 sailings so we can move our April booking to the May! After sailing the Breeze and seeing the changes on the Sunshine I can't wait to see your pics and read your review.

We were waiting impatiently for the Europe plans to be announced and now that we know, it simplifies our cruise planning for next year.

The Elation schedule has been posted, so it shouldn't be long.

Sorry, I don't see pictures of cabins happening. They tend to have passengers in them who get annoyed if I barge in. I'm not sure a picture of the door would help.

They are Spa Suites. The descriptions I see are:

12001 SS 275/65 sq ft

12002 SS 275/65 sq ft

Yeah...I figure it is a long shot. The descriptions for these are different than the description for the only other spa suite on deck 10. That one sounds more like a standard ocean suite. Guess I will just have to wait a couple more weeks an be surprised when I see it.

Jim

Was your sister in one of the new spa cabins?

She just said that she had a balcony cabin, not sure if it was one of the new cabins but I'm guessing that it was. My sister will make the best of it. Her DH on the other hand complained on one NCL cruise for 5 mornings in a row that his eggs were cold! She finally told him that they will be cold tomorrow if you get them and I don't want to hear about it again so either eat cold eggs or get something else! :D

Archived