14 hours at JFK--what to do?

NoWhiners

Even NYC locals say to avoid these hotels--which are also the butt of much humor!!

I am a NYC local and I am a bad source of reference for hotels in the city since I never stay in any. ;)

There have been soem crappy looking hotels by the airports but a lot of newer, nicer look and chain hotels have sprung up so I am sure there are some decent ones amongst those.

I am a NYC local and I am a bad source of reference for hotels in the city since I never stay in any. ;)

There have been soem crappy looking hotels by the airports but a lot of newer, nicer look and chain hotels have sprung up so I am sure there are some decent ones amongst those.

There are some hotels on the outer areas of JFK that are seedy, those are motel style places and not the name brands like the one's Peter and I gave you a link for.

Yes, I saw the link and many of those hotels look quite good. We have been somewhat overtaken by events, since Delta called yesterday to tell us the flight we booked doesn't operate starting the day we booked it!!:(

But globaliser made a good point about staying in Paris overnight so i am going to talk to DH tonight and call Delta tomorrow.

I really won't miss spending 14 hours at JFK (The Terminal notwithstanding!!).

Thanks for all the info

ML

I would either have chosen flights or booked a hotel for the night. Yes we have had to get up many times at 3 AM in hotels to catch early morning flights. But at least we got some comfortable hours of sleep.

This seems like a good plan!

Archived