Price drop question

christa

I booked my late September cruise on the Dream through an online TA and was checking with him yesterday about a possible price drop. He stated that he would check for me, but mentioned that after final payment (I think 75 days before cruise), I will not be eligible for price drops. Is this correct? I booked the early saver fare about one month ago. Thanks!

If you booked Early Saver, you are eligible for onboard credit up until a couple days before sailing.

The TA probably doesn't want to submit price drop requests, since I imagine the lower fare reduces their commission.

You can refer the TA to Carnival's website, which clearly spells out the ES price drop obc policy. Though I'm pretty sure the TA knows the policy and just wants to avoid submitting the form.

OK, thank you. Now I have to find a nice way of informing him I know better now!

make sure your confirmation says you are early saver - and you get price drops up until 2 business days before sailing

After final payment any price reductions will come in the form of OBC not a refund. Perhaps this is what your TA is confused about. At least you could present it that way to him, "I read that with the early saver rate if the price drops after final payment I will receive an OBC from Carnival and not a refund, right?" That is a gentle way to point out you should still get a reduction, but not seem to call into question his knowledge (or lack thereof) of Carnival policy.

After final payment any price reductions will come in the form of OBC not a refund. Perhaps this is what your TA is confused about. At least you could present it that way to him, "I read that with the early saver rate if the price drops after final payment I will receive an OBC from Carnival and not a refund, right?" That is a gentle way to point out you should still get a reduction, but not seem to call into question his knowledge (or lack thereof) of Carnival policy.

Good suggestion.

Thank you all for the great info! I just called Carnival to verify that I had an early saver rate and the policy. You all (of course!) are correct. I do have early saver and eligible for OBC up to 2 days before sailing if price drops. Woo-hoo! I guess I will be checking frequently now.

Thank you LUCINJO for the nicely-worded suggestion when communciating this to my TA- perfect! Thanks guys!

I booked my late September cruise on the Dream through an online TA and was checking with him yesterday about a possible price drop. He stated that he would check for me, but mentioned that after final payment (I think 75 days before cruise), I will not be eligible for price drops. Is this correct? I booked the early saver fare about one month ago. Thanks!

ES you get price drops up to 2 days prior to sailing. So he's wrong.

Archived