Going to Hell

elsplace2

Arlsvera...I agree with you. I think we are also going to make a quick side trip to Hell. Take pics, get postcards, get passports stamped, buy some cheesy souvenirs. LOL!!! We'll be able to say we went to Hell, and it'll be great for the scrapbook!!:p

I'm the original poster and can now say we have been to Hell and back!! You can read up on our experience on my review on the Liberty. I think it's worth the trip just to be able to say you have been to Hell. When we got off the "bus" we were not surprised at what the place looked liked, but yet we were taken back a bit at it's location.....it was nice to see it for ourselves and base our own opinion on it. We even bought the cheesy teeshirts saying we've been to Hell and back. Would I go again, no, but I'm glad we did it and have no regrets nor felt it was a waste of our time!

I'm the original poster and can now say we have been to Hell and back!! You can read up on our experience on my review on the Liberty. I think it's worth the trip just to be able to say you have been to Hell. When we got off the "bus" we were not surprised at what the place looked liked, but yet we were taken back a bit at it's location.....it was nice to see it for ourselves and base our own opinion on it. We even bought the cheesy teeshirts saying we've been to Hell and back. Would I go again, no, but I'm glad we did it and have no regrets nor felt it was a waste of our time!

Glad you cane back to post! So many forget to do so and we always wonder what they thought. You sound like me, and everyone else that visits Hell! You have to do it at least once, right?!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Elsplace2: What did you do after going to Hell? We are thinking of doing the same thing you were planning so I was wondering what beach you went to and did you take a cab or bus? Did you get to Calico jacks?

We were originally planning on going to one of the beaches. But it was our last port and we had a busy week and just thought we would relax at a cafe and catch up on some of our emails using their free Wi-Fi. Also did a little shopping at the port. There was also an open air bar at the port where my husband had a local beer. I thought it was kind of expensive for a small 12 oz cup of beer for $5.75, so I just took a sip of his.

I kind of wish we went to the beach.....the water looked beautiful!!!

I think if you want to go to the beach after Hell, if you took the bus you just tell them you want to go to the beach and I'm sure they will drop you off as close as they can....when you are done, just go back where they dropped you off, even if it's not a bus stop, they usually beep to see if you want a ride....if you are just standing there, they would probably stop anyway.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise last week and used the beach at Royal Palms. $2 per person to get in and $7 per person for a beach chair. Umbrellas will cost $10. They also have an adults only pool and I don't think they charge to use that area but double check on that. It was. $4 per person cab ride. Water was beautiful. Warning: food and drinks are very expensive. We got a diet coke and virgin pina colada and it was $10.50! I was already warned about the food so We ate on the ship and tendered in around 11:30 so we wouldn't be hungry for lunch.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app