'Keef' Maynard

Just had an email drop about a TV cruise programme today featuring…………..Keith Maynard! Now I don’t know whether he is being featured in connection with discussing Cunard cruises or as a presenter. I think he went to the QE a couple of years ago in some capacity as i/c Entertainments but not as Cruise Director. I always thought he was a great CD (known in his Thomson days as ‘Keef’). Do any of you also have fond memories of Keef – the vicar’s son? And does anyone know if he is still with Cunard - and in what capacity?

He is no longer at sea, he is doing tv work, local presenting and as a face for planet cru*** on ideal world shopping channel, he is great on it to, they ask him to join because of his knowledge of the ports, he should be on today at 3pm

He is no longer at sea, he is doing tv work, local presenting and as a face for planet cru*** on ideal world shopping channel, he is great on it to, they ask him to join because of his knowledge of the ports, he should be on today at 3pm

Oh thanks for that mtt. :) I didn't know he had made a move and had assumed he was still with Cunard. I can imagine he will do very well presenting - he had a very professional manner yet a relaxed and engaging style and came over as a very genuine guy. I was really sorry when he left Thomson - we'd seen him on a number of their ships over the years and always felt he was one of the best CD's. I wish him every success. I'll try to catch the prog today to see him in action.

P.S. Sorry about the duplicate post - it was between 9.30-10.00 when their system seems to sieze up somewhat (perhaps maintenance time) but it makes knowing whether your submitted post has been accepted or not almost impossible to determine. Good job I didn't post again!!!:eek:

This is out of context but we were away last weekend and I'm just catching up and I noticed Kruzseeka has a new 'title'.:rolleyes:;)

Did you get anything for being a new club member???:D

This is out of context but we were away last weekend and I'm just catching up and I noticed Kruzseeka has a new 'title'.:rolleyes:;)

Did you get anything for being a new club member???:D

Hi happy v - hope you had an enjoyable week last week. Good to have you back! ;)

Yes, I've been promoted - but it really doesn't bring any benefits - a bit like Thomson's loyalty scheme! :D Just goes to show how much time I spend on here though - can't quite believe it. Very sad really. Although it's often more entertaining than the T.V. and since my laptop is in the kitchen, it's a welcome diversion when cooking dinner or waiting for the kettle to boil - well that's my story anyway! :o

Yes I came across 'Keef' when flicking through the channels one day and thought he looked familiar....then after a few minutes watching, the other guy mentioned that he used to work for Thomson so I realised that we had seen him on Calypso several years ago...we thought he was an excellent CD. :)

Hi happy v - hope you had an enjoyable week last week. Good to have you back! ;)

Yes, I've been promoted - but it really doesn't bring any benefits - a bit like Thomson's loyalty scheme! :D Just goes to show how much time I spend on here though - can't quite believe it. Very sad really. Although it's often more entertaining than the T.V. and since my laptop is in the kitchen, it's a welcome diversion when cooking dinner or waiting for the kettle to boil - well that's my story anyway! :o

Definitely more interesting than the TV........that's why I'm on now.:)

I watched the programme too but didn't recognise 'Keef'. I thought he may have been our first CD on Spirit, who was very good, but he wasn't, and obviously I don't remember his name so no one can help me :o. I'm a lost cause really!!:rolleyes:

Oh- I tuned into this programme by accident as I was flicking channels after the F1 practice! I thought I recognised the face of the guy on the left, but didn't realise it was "keef" till I saw this thread!

He was CD when we were on the Calypso, but by then I think he had become "Keith". Before that, I think he was on the Island Escape, or was it the Destiny?

kate

Yes he's on every Saturday at 3pm and I think also on Tuesday nights at 8pm. I am in touch with him on that well known social networking site ;) and he's moving more into tv now and doing presenting for other London news channels too I think. He was our first cruise director and a top bloke. :)

Archived