Trying to take a different ship for our next cruise

496and706

Dh and I are looking for another cruise. It's been a month since we got home and we are hooked.

Dh asked me to find another TA for this fall in the middle of having me looking for a Panama Canal cruise.

You guessed it. Even though there is more than one ship doing the WB TA, the itinerary we both want is on.....

The Noordam.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I have sailed the NA in the Med based on the itinerary,then the Eurodam in the Caribbean based on the itinerary (although I goofed and could have picked the Westerdam) now I want to do Fjords,Highlands and Ireland based on the itinerary of 2013 in 2014 and it has the be the Eurodam again if I want to go 12 days out of Copenhagen and Oslo is a must.

Now to make matters worse the 2014 F,H,I is now changed to 14 days Rotterdam to Rotterdam. No Oslo.

So now I have all this $$ saved up and don't know where to go nevermind sailing the same 2 ships.....:(

Having sailed the westbound TA in November, 2011, I understand your desire to take that ship. I love it! However, I didn't care for the itinerary this November, so we are sailing the Ryndam back here to Tampa. Have you looked at that itinerary?

We've sailed the Oosterdam three times in a row simply because of logistics. Our next cruise is on the Westerdam and then on the NA. I promised DH the NA is not a Vista ship so he gets a "new" ship.

Dh and I are looking for another cruise. It's been a month since we got home and we are hooked.

Dh asked me to find another TA for this fall in the middle of having me looking for a Panama Canal cruise.

You guessed it. Even though there is more than one ship doing the WB TA, the itinerary we both want is on.....

The Noordam.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes. DH said I could book any cruise I wanted as long as it WASN'T on the Noordam. Not that we have any problems with her. We love her. We're just ready for something different. LOL

Six cruises on HAL: three on Westerdam and three on Eurodam. We like them and have seen no reason to go elsewhere, however this fall we're trying another ship with Zuiderdam (since we only want a partial Panama Canal).

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of today we are waffling between the HAL Baltic Adventure cruise 2014 ...........surprise the Eurodam and a Danube river cruise.

Two totally different beasts but we are going to wait and see and do a LOT more research before we make our decision but I will say sailing the Eurodam again does not make it a bonus although we thought the ship was great. I was just hoping to get really lucky and have a new HAL ship to explore.

Take a hard look at Ryndam. She's a fine ship with the advantages of being smaller....if you like smaller ships.

Thanks for your reply!

I would not be against a smaller ship in any way especially HAL.....but 14 days is just 2 days 2 long for me to make it work at work. I need a 10 or 12 day (perfect) with the extra 2 days as travel days. Also for me all Norway is just too much Norway at this point. I think that I need to see more variety. Maybe a 14 day Norway cruise would work on my 3rd or 4th North Med cruise at some point or when I am retired. I have so many places I want to go now that I have discovered cruising that's why Fjords,Highlands and Ireland would have been ace.

Danube is also on my bucket list so that is why I am leaning towards that now in hopes than in a year or two my dream cruise will return. Maybe the new build will allow me the itinerary and a new ship that I need hence putting the Danube up higher on the bucket list for now.

Thanks for your reply!

Danube is also on my bucket list so that is why I am leaning towards that now in hopes than in a year or two my dream cruise will return. Maybe the new build will allow me the itinerary and a new ship that I need hence putting the Danube up higher on the bucket list for now.

do the Danube cruise, you won't be sorry. We have done two river cruises and enjoyed them both. One was Amsterdam to Budapest - 15 days and the other was Prague to Berlin 10 days. A very different way to travel, very relaxing. Most of the time you dock in the center of town and it is so easy to walk the cities.

do the Danube cruise, you won't be sorry. We have done two river cruises and enjoyed them both. One was Amsterdam to Budapest - 15 days and the other was Prague to Berlin 10 days. A very different way to travel, very relaxing. Most of the time you dock in the center of town and it is so easy to walk the cities.

Which cruise line did you use for the Amsterdam to Budapest? That sounds like a great itinerary.

Archived