Pre paid gratuity query

Just booked a cruise on Ruby Princess, and have been advised by TA that we are not able to pay our gratuity prior to sailing, we have tried on the Princess website but to no avail, also cannot book anything else excursions etc, has anyone any advice.

Cheers

J

Just booked a cruise on Ruby Princess, and have been advised by TA that we are not able to pay our gratuity prior to sailing, we have tried on the Princess website but to no avail, also cannot book anything else excursions etc, has anyone any advice.

Cheers

J

Hi Sir James!

If you log onto princess.com you should be able to log onto your cruise personliser and book excursions. I'm sure you can do this if booked via TA you just need your booking number. If not then tell your TA yes you can book excursions and pre pay gratuity (as mentioned just buy obc if they don't understand).

We are booked on a princess cruise sailing in August 2013 and we have been able to book excursions for months. The great thing with Princess you can pre book excursions but you don't pay for them in advance - meaning you can also cancel as long as you give the correct amount of notice without a penalty.

Hope you get it sorted.

Strummer :)

Hi Sir James!

If you log onto princess.com you should be able to log onto your cruise personliser and book excursions. I'm sure you can do this if booked via TA you just need your booking number. If not then tell your TA yes you can book excursions and pre pay gratuity (as mentioned just buy obc if they don't understand).

We are booked on a princess cruise sailing in August 2013 and we have been able to book excursions for months. The great thing with Princess you can pre book excursions but you don't pay for them in advance - meaning you can also cancel as long as you give the correct amount of notice without a penalty.

Hope you get it sorted.

Strummer :)

Just because the excursions are open for your sailing, it doesn't mean it is for the OP's cruise. The ways to find out are 1) check with one's fellow roll callers here on CC to see if anyone else has been able to book a Princess excursion, or

2) have your TA check with Princess directly to see if the excursions are available yet; if the OP booked directly with Princess, he/she can call the 800 number and ask.

Even if the excursions aren't yet available for booking, one can always check the possibilities for the ports and narrow down one's choices in the meantime.

Since the OP is from the UK, if excursions are available could the inability to book excursions be a result of the problems Princess is experiencing merging their UK & USA computer systems?

More than likely.

I'm in the UK and travelling on the North Cape cruise at the end of June. The cruise personaliser is absolutely hopeless for booking excursions. When you click on the hyperlink for 'more information' you just get sent to a standard 'sorry this page doesn't exist' page. It did allow me to book a trip for the North Cape but as it's basically the only trip that goes to the North Cape from Honnisvaq I didn't actually need any further information !

I'm looking at Tromso and trying to select something and need the further information to make a choice. I downloaded the brochure (though this took me around 10 attempts over a week) but of course the brochure also refers you to the website to establish timings which is a critical part of the selection process when planning your days ashore.

Very disappointing. Fortunately we have a few weeks to resolve this and some excursions will be available to book once aboard ship. Problematically of course in areas like the Lofoten Islands Princess will be taking up all the local transport and for some trips if you don't book early it means no trip ....

Not a good introduction to Princess for us. This is our first Princess cruise and their website seems very tempremental compared to other companies we have used. The option to ring them on a premium charge phone line to book trips is not much welcomed either !

Not a good introduction to Princess for us. This is our first Princess cruise and their website seems very tempremental compared to other companies we have used. The option to ring them on a premium charge phone line to book trips is not much welcomed either !

Hi Sumdumgi, to avoid using the premium rate line ring 02380655000 and choose option 3 for Princess (It's the main carnival corp. number in Southampton). I always use this a get through fine. ;)

Hi Sumdumgi, to avoid using the premium rate line ring 02380655000 and choose option 3 for Princess (It's the main carnival corp. number in Southampton). I always use this a get through fine. ;)

Thank You :)

More than likely.

I'm in the UK and travelling on the North Cape cruise at the end of June. The cruise personaliser is absolutely hopeless for booking excursions. When you click on the hyperlink for 'more information' you just get sent to a standard 'sorry this page doesn't exist' page. It did allow me to book a trip for the North Cape but as it's basically the only trip that goes to the North Cape from Honnisvaq I didn't actually need any further information !

I'm looking at Tromso and trying to select something and need the further information to make a choice. I downloaded the brochure (though this took me around 10 attempts over a week) but of course the brochure also refers you to the website to establish timings which is a critical part of the selection process when planning your days ashore.

Very disappointing. Fortunately we have a few weeks to resolve this and some excursions will be available to book once aboard ship. Problematically of course in areas like the Lofoten Islands Princess will be taking up all the local transport and for some trips if you don't book early it means no trip ....

Hello. I am a UK cruiser. There does appear to be ongoing issues with the excursions page on the cruise personaliser at the moment. One minute they are there and the next they're not and sometimes I select a port of call and I get excursions for another port. It has been frustrating but keep trying

Archived