Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

Thx for posting the picture :) Hopefully we can get shots of all the floors that these cabins are on so we can compare the balconies. Deck 10 is relatively low on the list with regard to ordering them by size, isn't it? That looks plenty big to me! :D

Thx for posting the picture :) Hopefully we can get shots of all the floors that these cabins are on so we can compare the balconies. Deck 10 is relatively low on the list with regard to ordering them by size, isn't it? That looks plenty big to me! :D

Yes -- Largest to smallest; 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13

But with just two of us it was more than enough. Next year we're having a family cruise and we booked a S6 on 12 with 3 B1 balconies (including the accessible that we need) right beside it.

at this point, the balconies on all the decks for this cabin category are looking so good that the only thing affecting what one I want to book is that deck 12 has the kids thing on it and we'll be sailing with my 4 (or 5?) year old. Nice and convenient dropoff! lol

Hi Bear can you tell me if 10174 has the bed near the closet or the balcony? You already told me my 10176 is near the balcony. Thanks in advance. I don't know what we would all do without you.:)

I put together a spreadsheet to consolidate the cabin and balcony sqft info. This should be helpful to have on one page. I was struggling between browsers tabs and NCL and CC threads to ascertain what should be a simple quest.

I'm counting on you all to help fill in the blanks. All assistance, comments, and suggestion for improvements are welcome.

As you can see the Doc needs more input. :p Specifically I know it needs the knowledgeable CC members help with;

S9 balconies really 54 sqft?

S6 note #4 accuracy?

M1 note #6 regarding sqft?

Note #9 bump/angle balconies increased sqft %?

B6 sqft in and out?

M6 balcony sqft really varies?

MX and BX need info.

Any additional columns needed such as; tubs, # of bathrooms ;), king or queen bed, # of cabins per category, indicate fore, mid, aft location of cabin cat?

I will update/edit often.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I love your spreadsheet!!! The only thing missing is if the cabin has the bed by the balcony or the bed by the bathroom....

I love your spreadsheet!!! The only thing missing is if the cabin has the bed by the balcony or the bed by the bathroom....

.....you have to look at a floor plan and see where the recess is for the bed.

wasiii

.....you have to look at a floor plan and see where the recess is for the bed.

wasiii

On Celebrity every other cabin has bed by the balcony. Does NCL do the same thing. And then where do you begin counting balcony, bathroom, balcony, bathroom.

I almost booked on deck 13 and you say that is a bad spot. Good thing I found your information in time!!!!

On Celebrity every other cabin has bed by the balcony. Does NCL do the same thing. And then where do you begin counting balcony, bathroom, balcony, bathroom.

I almost booked on deck 13 and you say that is a bad spot. Good thing I found your information in time!!!!

We booked a Mid Ship Balcony on Deck 13. Why is it a bad spot?

Thanks

I read that the balconies are teeny tiny on those decks for some reason

But I thought they were talking about the Aft Balconies, not the ones mid-ship.

We have a BA Balcony booked Mid-Ship on Deck 13.

From what I read on the Spreadsheet, these are small, but no difference than the other decks with BA Balconies.

Could someone tell me if what I read was correct about Mid-ship BA Balconies?

Thanks

Edited by ck7

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have anymore information on the BX cabins? It looks like you get more balcony for the same price as a regular balcony cabin. However, they look kinda like they are tucked in back a bit with a slightly obstructed view. I realize that the ship is brand new and info like this is limited since there are only 4 BX cabins on the Breakaway. Thanks.

But I thought they were talking about the Aft Balconies, not the ones mid-ship.

We have a BA Balcony booked Mid-Ship on Deck 13.

From what I read on the Spreadsheet, these are small, but no difference than the other decks with BA Balconies.

Could someone tell me if what I read was correct about Mid-ship BA Balconies?

Thanks

I think you will be fine with your cabin. The smallest are all the same size as far as I know. I followed these threads for 6 months and cruised in May and never heard anything different about deck 13. There was a lot of info about the afts and the different sizes so maybe that is what you heard about. Have a great cruise!! We loved it!!!

Does anyone have anymore information on the BX cabins? It looks like you get more balcony for the same price as a regular balcony cabin. However, they look kinda like they are tucked in back a bit with a slightly obstructed view. I realize that the ship is brand new and info like this is limited since there are only 4 BX cabins on the Breakaway. Thanks.

Have a look at the picture in this link -

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Have a look at the picture in this link -

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Yeah I found that picture, and it looked good enough to where I just booked it an hour ago. Just don't have a direct view over the ocean but totally worth it to have that extra balcony space and not pay more. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

When we booked this stateroom we thought the bed was going to be by the balcony, according to the deckplans, but were surprised to find it by the closet. No big deal, actually liked the additional space next to the balcony area, which gave a more sweeping view of the ocean. No problem accessing the closet area.

I put together a spreadsheet to consolidate the cabin and balcony sqft info. This should be helpful to have on one page. I was struggling between browsers tabs and NCL and CC threads to ascertain what should be a simple quest.

I'm counting on you all to help fill in the blanks. All assistance, comments, and suggestion for improvements are welcome.

As you can see the Doc needs more input. :p Specifically I know it needs the knowledgeable CC members help with;

S9 balconies really 54 sqft?

S6 note #4 accuracy?

M1 note #6 regarding sqft?

Note #9 bump/angle balconies increased sqft %?

B6 sqft in and out?

M6 balcony sqft really varies?

MX and BX need info.

Any additional columns needed such as; tubs, # of bathrooms ;), king or queen bed, # of cabins per category, indicate fore, mid, aft location of cabin cat?

I will update/edit often.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Great information! Thanks for putting this together. It is a wonderful resource for this board.

What a great resource tool. NCL needs to do this on their website as it takes so much work toggling between different screens to piece the info together like a puzzle. Great pictures. After seeing them, I think we will give the bump out a try. The Getaway balconies look so much smaller than on the DCL Fantasy so that tiny bit of extra space will be appreciated!!