Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

fantastic!!!! so much info on all cabins! I love your S6 info, so detailed. Maybe in 5-7 years, when prices come down, we'll cruise in one of those cabins.

Funny. Yes, I believe the S6 has the most info. They seem to be the focus of most here. I can understand why though. ;)

Start saving now for an S6, I know we will. :)

For those trying to get a wheelchair or scooter in an S6, I had a possible solution if entry through hall is not feasible.

The HC B1's are couple doors over. It looks like these balcony partitions open and look big enough. I confident those staying in the B1's in between would cooperate and allow transfer of said individual across their balconies. I know most would welcome the idea.

Of course that gets them to the balcony, but is the slider opening large enough in the S6 for cabin entry? You could even borrow the ramps if not secured in place.

Just my morning thought.

I like the "tunnel balconies on the Breakaway, especially for us sailing in November. We'll get full use of the balcony from any chilly weather, wind and rain, as well as hot sun. If we want to be more in the sun, just move closer to the rail. I think having the "tunnel" balconies give you the best of both worlds. Where else can you sit on a lounge chair in inclement weather and still be outside the ship? Works for us, happy with our B1 deck 12 decision.

I like the "tunnel balconies on the Breakaway, especially for us sailing in November. We'll get full use of the balcony from any chilly weather, wind and rain, as well as hot sun. If we want to be more in the sun, just move closer to the rail. I think having the "tunnel" balconies give you the best of both worlds. Where else can you sit on a lounge chair in inclement weather and still be outside the ship? Works for us, happy with our B1 deck 12 decision.

I was thinking that also! If it gets to be too much sun we can just slide back and get a little shade!:)

It does seem odd they only allow a few pax in the HC cabins even though they can be massive.

Did you get any details about sqft, inside or out?

Another CCer reported the 2 M1's only slept 2. You heard they slept 3? Both?

They don't come up for a dummy booking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here's a video of HC 10316. I believe 10916 is the same as they are both M1's. The video shows a chair and NOT a couch. Checking NCL's website is also states the M1's only sleep 2. Here's the video:

Here's a video of HC 10316. I believe 10916 is the same as they are both M1's. The video shows a chair and NOT a couch. Checking NCL's website is also states the M1's only sleep 2. Here's the video:

Thanks. That video is in the Spreadsheet, but did I look at it? No. lol

Yeah, I've come around to the fact these M1's only sleep 2 and changed the Doc. to indicate this. Apparently ncl finally change their website too. lol

Should I add/breakout these other HC cabins separately?

Like the OV HC's, S5 HC, S7 HC, and Inside HC's The M1 and B1 HC are broken out because it was broken out as a different category. These never came up for me seperately, of course I could have followed a different path located the info. lol.

BTW thanks topanga49er for this detailed info on HC cabins posted on other thread.

Actually I'm going do this. Doc. is incomplete without ALL this HC cabin info.

Perhaps it may even assist ncl CS folks. lol. :)

Edited by bear3412

Reviewing the HC cabins, this is going to take some time to add them to Doc. Not sure how I'm going to format these HC cabins. The HC's are marked with square, those are in several cats, within those cats some sleep 2, not marked as the following, some sleep 3 marked with triangle. Other cats with double size rooms sleep 4 marked with plus sign.

I thought I was going to list each cat that sleeps 2, then 3, etc. But that would mean one cat would be listed three times. Hmmm ... :confused:

I see why ncl didn't separate them. I need a drink. lol

topanga49er, I found two more I believe that sleep three fwiw. IA 11603 and ID 10473.

Reviewing the HC cabins, this is going to take some time to add them to Doc. Not sure how I'm going to format these HC cabins. The HC's are marked with square, those are in several cats, within those cats some sleep 2, not marked as the following, some sleep 3 marked with triangle. Other cats with double size rooms sleep 4 marked with plus sign.

I thought I was going to list each cat that sleeps 2, then 3, etc. But that would mean one cat would be listed three times. Hmmm ... :confused:

I see why ncl didn't separate them. I need a drink. lol

topanga49er, I found two more I believe that sleep three fwiw. IA 11603 and ID 10473.

I think that you meant 10437, not 10473.

I think that you meant 10437, not 10473.

Yep, your right. I put that wrong cabin # in the Doc. too. Thanks for the correction.

Feel free to check all the HC cabins now that I added them. :D

Update; Added all HC cabins to Doc. :)

In your notes to the spreadsheet you wrote in footnote 9:

"Some of these cabins are located at the ends of the bump-outs on the side of ship, which will have an angled balcony offering more sqft on balcony. Exactly how much more... My guess 17% ????"

How did you come up with only 17% larger balcony for these angled balconies on the sides of the ship? From the photos that I have seen so far, it looks more like a 40-50% larger balcony when angled. See post #2 in this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839118&highlight=angle.

Maybe someone who has stayed in one of these cabins can comment?

Thanks.

......How did you come up with only 17% larger balcony for these angled balconies on the sides of the ship? From the photos that I have seen so far, it looks more like a 40-50% larger balcony when angled. See post #2 in this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839118&highlight=angle....

I divided balcony space into three equally sized rectangles, with two representing the size of a regular balcony, angle/extra space representing one rectangle. Since the extra space is 1/2 of one of those rectangles, 1/2 of 33% is 17% rounded up.

I didn't have these closeup photos at the time of estimate. I also didn't want to exaggerate the #'s. I recall seeing images where some looked smaller than others because the angle was less. I could be wrong. My estimation was done with construction and float out images.

But I will admit it looks closer to 50% than 17% in that photo.

When more and better images come back from this sailing , and I get confirmation I'll be happy to push that % up.

It didn't appear 50% larger in these photos.

ueberfuehrung38-vi.jpg

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

OK iceburg1, I upped my very low guess of 17% to 35% in note 9. :)

I also noted my estimate is conservative, and others feel it 50% larger.

I also added 4 photos of these angled balconies in cats where available, B2, B4, B9, BA, BB, BC, BD.

With one of computerworks photos you can plainly see I was waaaay conservative with my initial guess.

Thanks iceburg1 and computerworks for this needed correction.

thanks to info in this thread I have just upgraded from a BC to B1 on deck 9

with 3 of us that regular balcony was too small and with the extortionate spa price decided money would have spent on that better going on more space

this will be our first aft so will be sure to review

by the way the info the TA was getting off NCL website shows incorrect aft balcony sizes-for instance afts on 10 and 11 are showing as 32 feet whereas thanks to this thread we know they are much bigger than that

Copied this from my post on other long thread. Figured they belonged here too. :)

More guessing on my part. :D

OK, here is my estimate on aft balcony depths. These #'s are useable space, from slider to top of railing. The S6's aft cabin wall are at an angle so their balconies would average out as more. So I would add at least a one or two feet to these #'s on average, if that makes sense.

Anyone know how wide the typical B1 is?

deck 13 ....... 5 - 6 feet deep

deck 14 ....... 6 - 7 feet deep

deck 10 ....... 8 - 9 feet deep

deck 11 ..... 10 - 11 feet deep

deck 12 ..... 12 - 13 feet deep

deck 9 ........14 - 16 feet deep

So if on deck 11 in a B1 and cabin is 9' wide then the balcony is 90 - 99sqft.

" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . " is 10' wide then the balcony is 100 - 110sqft.

Typical queen bed is 7 feet long fwiw.

HTH

Note; Someone currently in a S6 on 12 felt their balcony was 22 x15.

thanks to info in this thread I have just upgraded from a BC to B1 on deck 9 ......

Glad this thread helped.

I'll guess a B1 balcony on 9 is 126-138 sqft, ...... a touch over 32 sqft. ;)

Enjoy

Edited by bear3412