Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

It's strange, but all of the deck 9 aft balconies on our cruise are also available but other decks show availability (BUT deck 12 is currently sold out). Weird.

I just noticed that there's one AFT B1 left on deck 13 but 3 left on 12. I'm thinking some have not gotten the memo and are being sold by NCL that Deck 13 has the 2nd largest deck. Ohhh Welllll.......

I'm going to enjoy my 12304 to celebrate my 40th birthday!!

.....Can you explain your answer above? I don't understand about the roof extension and why that would be an issue.

:confused:

wasiii

Here is another angle. You can see the roof extends out over deck 9 promenade affecting the view more so than higher up. The higher you are the less this roof will affect the view.

ueberfuehrung50-vi.jpg

Edited by bear3412

I just had a scary thought. Some inebriated pax is going to climb out on this roof system and get thrown of the ship when caught. :eek:

It does look inviting with some nice unobstructed views close to the water.

It's strange, but all of the deck 9 aft balconies on our cruise are also available but other decks show availability (BUT deck 12 is currently sold out). Weird.

.....deck 9 (5), 10 (2), 11 (3), 12 (0), 13 (1) and 14 (1).

You would think that the larger balconies would go first. I just booked today and the travel agent asked NCL about the balcony size. Cabin 9322 is listed @ 154 sq. ft.

I believe the wife is going to be happy with that one.

:D

wasiii

.....deck 9 (5), 10 (2), 11 (3), 12 (0), 13 (1) and 14 (1).

You would think that the larger balconies would go first. I just booked today and the travel agent asked NCL about the balcony size. Cabin 9322 is listed @ 154 sq. ft.

I believe the wife is going to be happy with that one.

:D

wasiii

You would think...but I think my hubby would have thought it was too much traffic around (he likes to get a little frisky) and he likes privacy so I opted for the second larger balcony, deck 12. There was a huge hoopla yesterday on here about deck 12 and I think lots of people switched.

Well, first and foremost, on deck 9 with the roof extension, it will block a good view of the wake. Another reason we didn't book deck 9 either is because it is directly above the walkway on deck 8 (hence the need for the roof) and could generate noise from people walking by, talking, running, shouting, etc.

Well, at least that's why we booked deck 12 instead of deck 9.

Exactly why we booked 12 instead of 9.

You would think...but I think my hubby would have thought it was too much traffic around (he likes to get a little frisky) and he likes privacy so I opted for the second larger balcony, deck 12. There was a huge hoopla yesterday on here about deck 12 and I think lots of people switched.

.....it looks like the deck 8 overhang helps to keep prying eyes from looking up somewhat, and with a balcony that deep, I doubt anyone could see you if you were towards the cabin.

;)

wasiii

.....it looks like the deck 8 overhang helps to keep prying eyes from looking up somewhat, and with a balcony that deep, I doubt anyone could see you if you were towards the cabin.

;)

wasiii

Lol! I was thinking the same thing!! And am surprised no one commented, til now, on the frisky comment! Seems like you have to worry more about your neighbor looking over the divider!!!

Lol! I was thinking the same thing!! And am surprised no one commented, til now, on the frisky comment! Seems like you have to worry more about your neighbor looking over the divider!!!

Yes, I'm surprised too! :) I was just kidding. :D

I was more concerned with noise.

Update; Haven cabins labeled on exterior. :)

Please post here if you find missing cabin photos and videos.

Need photos of 2nd bath in S6 too please.

Could I have help verifying specific categories this balcony photo represents;http://malcolmoliver.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0012.jpg

Does it apply to all M's, but M6?

all B's, but B1 and B6's?

Obviously not bump-out ends.

TIA

Edited by bear3412

bear3412, thank you so much for a fantastic, outstanding piece of work.

Aurora2143, thank you for posting this in one of the threads I was reading, which allowed me to find this thread.

We all have so many questions. Gotta help out each other. :)

Did anyone notice that on the NCL website decks plan interactive that they changed the sq ft of the MB mini suite. When you click on the room that I am not on floor 10 it lists it as 269 sqft. That is more then the 236 I have seen listed else where.

Wow this is awesome! Thanks! So glad I switched to deck 12 aft :)

I was telling my hubby about all this 12th deck stuff and how I had fought to get us moved to it. He said we should call ourselves "The 12th Deckers". :D

Did anyone notice that on the NCL website decks plan interactive that they changed the sq ft of the MB mini suite. When you click on the room that I am not on floor 10 it lists it as 269 sqft. That is more then the 236 I have seen listed else where.

I didn't notice that specifically. Thanks for pointing that out.

What I did discover after further investigating is a consistency finally. lol

Ncl US and ncl UK sites both have two sets of total sqft for this category. :rolleyes:

Ncl US

follow this path results; 285

Learn about our cruises, accommodations, mini-suite and balconies, learn more, mini-suites = 285 total

follow this path results; 239

learn about our cruise, our ships, breakaway, ship, staterooms, mini-suites, mid-ship mini-suites = 239

follow a dummy booking, click on cabin #, results 204, so add veranda of 31 - 35, = 239

Ncl UK

Main info = 269

deeper path = 239

This is frustrating. :(

I'm changing Doc. to show these varying sqft for cabin interiors.

After closer inspection of deck plans, it appears this info would apply to all categories across the forward bump-out, inclusive of MA, MB, M2, M3, B9, M9. Will anyone help confirm?

Anyone????

I soon as I think I have it figured out a new wrinkle surfaces. :D

Welcome to NCL IT.

My DW and I have an aft balcony booked on deck 13. I made the rash assumption that its balcony would be one of the largest. Bad Me. There aren't any deck 12 cabins left on our sailing so I plan to rebook to deck 9. What is exactly the problem with that balcony? I understand that Cagney's and Moderno are directly above it.

Jay

I didn't notice that specifically. Thanks for pointing that out.

What I did discover after further investigating is a consistency finally. lol

Ncl US and ncl UK sites both have two sets of total sqft for this category. :rolleyes:

Ncl US

follow this path results; 285

Learn about our cruises, accommodations, mini-suite and balconies, learn more, mini-suites = 285 total

follow this path results; 239

learn about our cruise, our ships, breakaway, ship, staterooms, mini-suites, mid-ship mini-suites = 239

follow a dummy booking, click on cabin #, results 204, so add veranda of 31 - 35, = 239

Ncl UK

Main info = 269

deeper path = 239

This is frustrating. :(

I'm changing Doc. to show these varying sqft for cabin interiors.

After closer inspection of deck plans, it appears this info would apply to all categories across the forward bump-out, inclusive of MA, MB, M2, M3, B9, M9. Will anyone help confirm?

Anyone????

I soon as I think I have it figured out a new wrinkle surfaces. :D

Welcome to NCL IT.

Great spreadsheet!! Here is something REALLY strange...I just spoke NCL to book the Getaway for my wife's b'day in Oct. '14, and almost ALL cabins default automatically to 32 sq. ft for every cabin including the B1 afts AND even the M1's....however, when I told him about the Breakaway cabins and their SF,, he checked similar ones and found your spreadsheet was correct! ..I.E. cabin 12908 ( B1 aft) is 172 sq ft interior and 157 sf balcony..then he looked at the same cabin on the Getaway and it said, balcony 32 Sq ft.!!!! He put me on hold, and checked with his supervisor, came back and said it seems to be defaulting to 32 sq ft for everything and they are now aware of it thanks to YOUR info I used....M1 MS is 377 sq ft + 65 balcony vs. B1 Aft 172 sq ft and 157 sq ft balcony..M1 is $3425 for 2, B1 is $ 2605..opinions anyone??

My DW and I have an aft balcony booked on deck 13. I made the rash assumption that its balcony would be one of the largest. Bad Me. There aren't any deck 12 cabins left on our sailing so I plan to rebook to deck 9. What is exactly the problem with that balcony? I understand that Cagney's and Moderno are directly above it.

Jay

Jay

Jay, it's all personal preference.

The restaurants are under the 9th deck. And then the walkway goes all the way around that area below on the 8th deck.

My husband doesn't like too much traffic or that kind of noise and that's why we got the 12th deck, just in case there are any noise and such. Some are also talking about the view of the wake. You can have a better view from higher up. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with that ginormous deck on 9. :)

Happy planning and sailing!

If cat MX exists, it's a secret M6. There are 2 MX's on deck 8 forward next to the M6's, one on each side of ship. Their balconies are the same size as the M6. The cabin interior is the same size internally because the internal and external walls are in the same place as the M6's. Of course I'm assuming deck plans are correct. lol

Anyone seen the pricing on this cat or even had it show up as a bookable option?

I think MX cat doesn't exists.

See deck plans and this exterior photo. NCL BA EXT Photo High angle

Also BX's next door to MX have the same size balcony as the M6's.

Wonder what the $ difference is between these discussed cats.

Also 2 BD's aft of M6's have lager balcony w/angled rail. The deck plans are off. Only 1 M6 has the angled rail, in addition to 2 BD's.

If these cats are priced significantly lower, and I post the correct data, I hope I won't facilitate the elimination of secret cabins.

I will add this new info. Funny that BX cat at bottom of Doc. will stick out with the same balcony sqft as the M6. lol

Edited by bear3412

This deck 8 MX is mysterious. :confused:

My new thought is the MX is really a M6 and is missed colored and labeled as that cat can't exsist.

One M6 has an angled rail. There are 2 BX forward of the M6's.

Deck plans show no BD's with angled balconies when in fact there are two, just aft of the M6's shown in photo.

Photo implies/shows 12 M6's. Deck plans show 11. 14 cabins are forward of BD's. Deck plans show 2 BX and 1 MX forward of M6's.

So the MX is identical to the M6.

Whew. lol Ok back to the MB

....M1 MS is 377 sq ft + 65 balcony vs. B1 Aft 172 sq ft and 157 sq ft balcony..M1 is $3425 for 2, B1 is $ 2605..opinions anyone??

The M1's are HC, handicap accessible, there are only 2 cabins aboard.

Most feel you should not book these unless you have the need. Also I thought I read NCL can/could/will move you from cabin if not certified for use if someone requests a HC cabin. :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the info. That was a lot to digest. Exactly what I'm I am looking for.

Ncl's system may default to 32 sqft balconies as to not raise expectations. ;) lol

Yes, ncl and other sites have these sqft #'s all over the place. That was my inspiration. :)

Surprised ncl has not figured out the aft B1 and M1 with varying balcony size, as that was an easy one. lol

So did ncl have specific sqft #'s for the B1 balconies on different decks?

IOW did ncl say deck 12 is 157, deck 9 is 168, deck 13 is 75?

Each level should be different. I'm trying to confirm the balcony data.

The 157 sqft for deck 12 B1 is within the Doc.'s parameters, and will assume/hope that the next largest(most largest) B1 on deck 9 will hit the listed 168 sqft.

M1's; If deck 12 B1 balcony is 157 than I can assure you the M1 is greater than 65, in fact easily double that, considering they are twice as wide.

See aft photos in the visual aids for S6. Did you see the visuals for the M1. The starboard balcony is larger.

Thanks again for the specific details.

So did ncl have specific sqft #'s for the B1 balconies on different decks?

IOW did ncl say deck 12 is 157, deck 9 is 168, deck 13 is 75?

Each level should be different. I'm trying to confirm the balcony data.

The 157 sqft for deck 12 B1 is within the Doc.'s parameters, and will assume/hope that the next largest(most largest) B1 on deck 9 will hit the listed 168 sqft.

NCL did have those cabins on deck 12 as slightly different sizes..I.E. 12308 was 138 SF balcony.. I didn't ask about the B1's on other decks except 9322 is 54 sq ft ,but I'm guessing that's wrong ( it's probably 154 sf!! LOL)....I've been reading that the deck 9 balconies are right over the Cagney's & Moderno's- do you think that will affect the view ? If I speak to them again, I will ask for those B1's on other decks and post here...once again, great job, and thanks so much for your hard work and effort!!