Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

you have the balcony of B1 at 70sp ft, the thing is that they range in size depending on the deck. I am on the second largest deck (12) and my balcony is 140 sq ft, I think the largest one on deck 9 could be around 150sq ft.

So is the smallest correct at 75sqft, the values listed on the Doc.?

Duh... of course, the B1's are next to the S6's and they vary with each tiered deck.

Wow so the largest S6 balcony is 75% larger than the smallest? (Given the smallest S6 is 225 and the largest is 394 according the US NCL)

Wouldn't the same % apply to the B1's?

Do I have the order correct in Note #4 for the S6's? From largest to smallest; 9,12,10,11,14,13?

Obviously it would be the same for the B1 and S6 correct?

If a B1 on deck 12 balcony is 140 then I feel NCL is being conservative with the S6 balcony estimate, given it appears 2 1/2 times as large, looking at the decks plans.

I still sense there are more of these obvious oversights. :o

Thanks for the input. Do you feel other info should be added? ie; beds king or queen, etc.

you have the balcony of B1 at 70sp ft, the thing is that they range in size depending on the deck. I am on the second largest deck (12) and my balcony is 140 sq ft, I think the largest one on deck 9 could be around 150sq ft.

So is the smallest correct at 75sqft, the value listed on the Doc.?

Duh... of course, the B1's are next to the S6's and they vary with each tiered deck.

Wow so the largest S6 balcony is 75% larger than the smallest? (Given the smallest S6 is 225 and the largest is 394 according the US NCL)

Do I have the order correct in Note #4 for the S6's? From largest to smallest; 9,12,10,11,14,13?

If a B1 on deck 12 balcony is 140 then I feel NCL is being conservative with the S6 balcony estimate, given it appears 2 1/2 times as large, looking at the decks plans.

Thanks for the input. Do you feel other info should be added? ie; beds king or queen, etc.

By the way if it is ok with you I am adding this source to my review, this is an incredible source of information. Thank you.

Is that a permanent link that I can add to my review? or will the Http address change?

Feel free to use the Document. It is on the WWW for all to access. :eek:

That aspect sure does ignite the drive for accuracy.

However I'm counting on CC members and published data for that accuracy.

Would love to sail her for a month with my laser tape measure. ;)

Address shouldn't change to the permanent link, unless I'm misunderstanding the whole process, which is entirely possible. :D

The haven 2br family villa has the smallest balcony on the ship at 27 sq ft!? Burst my bubble.

Well this is still up for debate. I'm adding another note to the S4 tonight indicating many feel and report the balcony is 43sqft.

Well this is still up for debate. I'm adding another note to the S4 tonight indicating many feel and report the balcony is 43sqft.

Shucks, now I will have the smallest balcony...lol. That's ok...I'm just happy to have one and to be leaving in 2 weeks!!

Hi, Great work but since you asked :) you have a typo on IC Interior Cabin--Interior Square foot should be the range 135-150. Will measure my B6 next week but I'm assuming double of the one above which puts us at around 64. Also, don't know if you wanted to add Studio Cabins (T) to your list?

Hi, Great work but since you asked :) you have a typo on IC Interior Cabin--Interior Square foot should be the range 135-150. Will measure my B6 next week but I'm assuming double of the one above which puts us at around 64. Also, don't know if you wanted to add Studio Cabins (T) to your list?

Duh .... I knew I was forgetting something huge ..... well, OK small. :D

You can see now I never travel solo on the high sea.

Sorry for that major oversight single travelers. :o

NCL was disappointed with that too. lol

Yes, add tape measure to packing lists.

Thanks

Edited by bear3412

So is the smallest correct at 75sqft, the value listed on the Doc.?

I have them by size slightly different, 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. I am not really sure what kind of bed there is in there, but I imagine a queen. I guess I can get more info once I get back. I am not entirely sure if 75sqft is the smallest one, maybe 13 is smaller than that.

Feel free to use the Document. It is on the WWW for all to access. :eek:

That aspect sure does ignite the drive for accuracy.

However I'm counting on CC members and published data for that accuracy.

Would love to sail her for a month with my laser tape measure. ;)

Address shouldn't change to the permanent link, unless I'm misunderstanding the whole process, which is entirely possible. :D

Cool thank you, :)

..... not really sure what kind of bed there is in there, but I imagine a queen. I guess I can get more info once I get back....

There were several inquires about what the bed size was in certain categories.

I was asking if anyone felt we should add a column indicating bed size. Or add a Note at what point they switch from king to queen, queen the full, full to twin. Of course with NCL it couldn't possibly be that straight forward. lol

Bed size could be important to some. ;)

No need to check your bed. lol

Thanks

Edited by bear3412

Bedding would be important, especially in the suites. I called NCL yesterday about my booking and they told me that my S6 is showing as a convertible Queen. I'm not sure if that is correct but I'll know in a few weeks. Previously most of the suites on Norwegian did not have beds in the master bedroom that could be split.

FYI - I tried to book the HC B1 (12910 or 11914) for my mother in law and my 2 kids and we would be next to her (she could benefit from the hc - she has mobility issues). Anyway, we couldn't because NCL told me that the HC B1's only sleep 2 people, not 3. Your spreadsheet says 2-3. Not sure if that can be double checked, but wanted to share.

Awesome spreadsheet - thank you!

FYI - I tried to book the HC B1 (12910 or 11914) for my mother in law and my 2 kids and we would be next to her (she could benefit from the hc - she has mobility issues). Anyway, we couldn't because NCL told me that the HC B1's only sleep 2 people, not 3. Your spreadsheet says 2-3. Not sure if that can be double checked, but wanted to share.

Awesome spreadsheet - thank you!

Good point. We have our son and a friend in 12910 for a cruise next March and it only holds 2. We couldn't find any of the accessible balconies that could hold more than 2.

Heroic Effort! Way to go and thanks!

I'm thinking the aft balcony Suites are indeed the sweet spot - esp if one is willing to walk to the Haven....

Heroic Effort! Way to go and thanks!

I'm thinking the aft balcony Suites are indeed the sweet spot - esp if one is willing to walk to the Haven....

I agree! I thought I would jump right in and book early for our Jan 2015 anniversary cruise until I saw that NCL requires $1500 deposit on suites. Yikes! Little too early to tie up that kind of money!

Just out of curiosity, where did this info come from? I've booked an AFT PH Suite and got into an argument with my PCC because he insists that his computer is telling him that the deck 13 balcony is second to the largest next to deck 9.

But according to your chart, it has the smallest balcony.

Just out of curiosity, where did this info come from? I've booked an AFT PH Suite and got into an argument with my PCC because he insists that his computer is telling him that the deck 13 balcony is second to the largest next to deck 9.

I copied this from a thread awhile back. The measurement is just an estimate, of course. You can clearly see in MANY pictures that 13 is the shallowest balcony on the aft.

Sorry not exactly sure how to post pics! :(

image.jpg.9ad50ca69bf597582c2a8c1fdec57b2a.jpg

Zoom into any pic of the aft to see balcony differences

Edited by English101
Tried to attach picture

This info was gathered from NCL USA, NCL UK, and from posts here on Cruise Critic.

Have you seen the visual aid link for the S6? Deck 13 photos and video are there. I agree that 13 and 14 are the smallest. 9 the largest. 12 next largest. Personally not sure about 11 and 10, but I trust the members here.

The S6 link now has photos of the pole supports on 9 and 12. That clearly indicates/confirms to me that they are the largest.

I will try to locate the photos at float out that clearly shows how the determination was made.

Perhaps someone could help with those photos? Anyone bookmark those?

This info was gathered from NCL USA, NCL UK, and from posts here on Cruise Critic.

Have you seen the visual aid link for the S6? Deck 13 photos and video are there. I agree that 13 and 14 are the smallest. 9 the largest. 12 next largest. Personally not sure about 11 and 10, but I trust the members here.

The S6 link now has photos of the pole supports on 9 and 12. That clearly indicates/confirms to me that they are the largest.

I will try to locate the photos at float out that clearly shows how the determination was made.

Perhaps someone could help with those photos? Anyone bookmark those?

That would be great. Thank you so much.

I've seen the images and video of deck 13 S6, but would like to show my PCC that his getting upset with me was uncalled for.

That would be great. Thank you so much.

I've seen the images and video of deck 13 S6, but would like to show my PCC that his getting upset with me was uncalled for.

I'm sure they will be using the Doc. soon. :D

Send your PCC a link. :p

Found the aft photos at float out, showing the S6 and B1 varying balcony depths. IIRC these are the best ones, but keep in mind all the balcony dividers aren't installed. These photos clearly show what everyone has confirmed today, don't we all agree?

Balcony depth is largest to smallest; 9,12,11,10,14,13.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37300709&postcount=1075

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37300726&postcount=1079

We usually sail on the side of the ship, but these do look inviting.

I wonder if you will be able to lean out a bit from the S6 and look forward and down where they load the ship/pier or see the bow wake.

Edited by bear3412