Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

Found the aft photos at float out, showing the S6 and B1 varying balcony depths. IIRC these are the best ones, but keep in mind all the balcony dividers aren't installed. These photos clearly show what everyone has confirmed today, don't we all agree?

Balcony depth is largest to smallest; 9,12,11,10,14,13.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37300709&postcount=1075

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37300726&postcount=1079

We usually sail on the side of the ship, but these do look inviting.

I wonder if you will be able to lean out a bit from the S6 and look forward and down where they load the ship/pier or see the bow wake.

Totally awesome!!! Thanks. Sharing...

Do you think the deeper balcony on deck 12 is cutting sq ft from the room?

Edited by Aurora2143

Nope.

I agree with gambee. Aside from the 2 different bedroom/bath configurations - and there might be a slight difference in the interior sq. footage there - I think the interiors are identical. I'm also pretty happy that my pal time2cruise1, who was actually on the Breakaway TA, steered me into one of these suites. I've pretty much run the gambit of NCL suites from the GV on down, and I really, really am thinking that these are the suites to beat! (Well, you can't beat the GV.;) )

You'll all know way before me, so I hope you'll share!!!:)

Totally awesome!!! Thanks. Sharing...

Do you think the deeper balcony on deck 12 is cutting sq ft from the room?

I do not. All sources report the same internal sqft ironically, unlike a few other categories, even though the plans do show a slight variation of cabin foot print. But the depth fore to aft appears the same so it wouldn't alter our conclusions about balcony depth.

BTW there was an observation that 4 of these cabins may have a different layout. 4 have different glass/window configuration, seen on balconies. Looks like they flipped the bed/bath locations. So 4 will have windows in bath or 4 will have windows in bedroom. :confused:

Looking forward to solve that mystery. I thought I saw a pattern, but NOT.

I do not. All sources report the same internal sqft ironically, unlike a few other categories, even though the plans do show a slight variation of cabin foot print. But the depth fore to aft appears the same so it wouldn't alter our conclusions about balcony depth.

BTW there was an observation that 4 of these cabins may have a different layout. 4 have different glass/window configuration, seen on balconies. Looks like they flipped the bed/bath locations. So 4 will have windows in bath or 4 will have windows in bedroom. :confused:

Bear, check out the following thread starting at post #32. I also have the link to more pics at post #38. These are the (I'm hopefully, 99% sure) 4 mystery S6s, on decks 14 and 11:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758691&page=2

And thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Edited by capp

I had read somewhere that the windows that are tinted are the ones that have the window in the bathroom. The 13th deck video showed a window in the bathroom and the window from the outside is tinted, as well as the ones on deck 12. Deck 11 doesn't have tinted windows and someone posted pictures of the 11th deck S6 and the bedroom had windows.

I guess time will tell. :)

I agree with gambee. Aside from the 2 different bedroom/bath configurations - and there might be a slight difference in the interior sq. footage there - I think the interiors are identical. I'm also pretty happy that my pal time2cruise1, who was actually on the Breakaway TA, steered me into one of these suites. I've pretty much run the gambit of NCL suites from the GV on down, and I really, really am thinking that these are the suites to beat! (Well, you can't beat the GV.;) )

You'll all know way before me, so I hope you'll share!!!:)

We switched from s7 to s6 and it keeps getting better and better! I told my husband last night that we're keeping our suite even if the upgrade fairy calls offering us a 2 bedroom! Lol I doubt we'd get a call about an OS or DOS!

We switched from s7 to s6 and it keeps getting better and better! I told my husband last night that we're keeping our suite even if the upgrade fairy calls offering us a 2 bedroom! Lol I doubt we'd get a call about an OS or DOS!

We were originally booked in an OS for the Breakaway TA, which we sadly had to cancel. But from what I've seen, there is very little difference in the interior space between the S6 and the OS. The forward balcony in the OS is definitely smaller than the S6s (or at least some of them), and for the TA would most likely have been useless due to heavy wind. The saving grace in the OS is the 3 included bottles of booze...but for about $2k more? I don't think so. Bar set-up, or the relatively new UBP more than makes up for that. I have a feeling the S6 penthouses are going to become more and more desirable, and unfortunately, more expensive.

Edited by capp

Ok I added photos and text to link on Doc. explaing the two layouts in the S6. I called them Config. A; deck 11 and 14, bedroom with windows, and

Config. B; decks 9, 10, 12, 13, bathroom/tub with windows.

Please confirm the photos are correctly labeled.

So do all feel Config. A does have a larger bedroom area?

And if so wouldn't that make the bath smaller than Config. B?

Does Config. B have a shower with window that overlooks sea like the S4?

If so did I miss the photos of that shower?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

Thanks for the help.

Edited by bear3412

Ok I added photos and text to link on Doc. explaing the two layouts in the S6. I called them Config. A; deck 11 and 14, bedroom with windows, and

Config. B; decks 9, 10, 12, 13, bathroom/tub with windows.

Please confirm the photos are correctly labeled.

So do all feel Config. A does have a larger bedroom area?

And if so wouldn't that make the bath smaller than Config. B?

Does Config. B have a shower with window that overlooks sea like the S4?

If so did I miss the photos of that shower?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

Thanks for the help.

Oh no! After all your hard work I just clicked on the link and it says "page does not exist"! I tried more than a few times. :mad:

Bear, I'm basing my thoughts on the current 2 BR Family suites on most of the other ships...less the second BR. I've always loved that master bath, but would have loved the BR flip-flopped, so I'm glad NCL has thought of this too..the enclosed BR has always felt cramped to me. I also understand that most people would go for the amazing views while showering/bathing. In answer to your question, if I'm right in thinking the model is the same, the bedroom/bathroom portion of the suite is a giant rectangle in equal proportion to the the living space, and the 11th and 14th decks just have the bedroom closer to the balcony. The enclosed bathroom might be a wee bit smaller (but still luxurious), but the placement of the bed allows for seemingly more space (and movement) in the bedroom. Hope this makes sense!

Either/or, it looks magnificent and in the next few weeks all of the questions will be answered!:)

Edited by capp

.... I'm friends with the Bear who solved, and proved, the Breakaway/Getaway cabin layout mystery".....

I didn't solve anything. lol. You guys did. In fact your post and links lead me through the process to understand the 2 configs in the S6.

Like I said, I only consolidated and gave structure to the data offering a comfortable logical path to utopia. :D

The only problem is that path leads to the stern of the vessel. lol

And that will push prices. :eek:

Thanks for the drink offer. I could always use one. ;)

Edited by bear3412

Just out of curiosity, where did this info come from? I've booked an AFT PH Suite and got into an argument with my PCC because he insists that his computer is telling him that the deck 13 balcony is second to the largest next to deck 9.

But according to your chart, it has the smallest balcony.

I posted this in the main thread, I'll post it again here. Hopefully this helps:

Here's a pic of the B1's for comparison, just to give you an idea of the depth of decks 9, 10, 12 and 13. We haven't seen any aft pictures of Deck 11 yet:

Deck 12:

8692275347_9eb63c85d5_b.jpg

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

8692271079_027bde5140_b.jpg

Deck 10:

9kxpxk.jpg

Deck 13:

attachment.php?attachmentid=269482&d=1367145354

3.1367600676.aft-facing-balcony.jpg

I posted this in the main thread, I'll post it again here. Hopefully this helps:

Here's a pic of the B1's for comparison, just to give you an idea of the depth of decks 9, 10, 12 and 13. We haven't seen any aft pictures of Deck 11 yet:

Deck 12:

8692275347_9eb63c85d5_b.jpg

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

8692271079_027bde5140_b.jpg

Deck 10:

9kxpxk.jpg

Deck 13:

attachment.php?attachmentid=269482&d=1367145354

3.1367600676.aft-facing-balcony.jpg

Thank you! I can't believe the difference! That deck 12 balcony is going to be so awesome!

Thank you! I can't believe the difference! That deck 12 balcony is going to be so awesome!

I know! :p I have two B1 cabins on deck 12 booked (one is the HC cabin for my elderly parents) - we are definately opening up the balconies! We switched from a balconette midship BC on deck 14!

Make sure to let us know what the PCC says after he receives the evidence!!!;)

Great info & love the spreadsheet!!! Question: someone posted info about being able to see WHERE the bed is in your cabin..I thought it was on the UK NCL site..I'm thinking of surprising my wife for a big B'day in Oct. '14 and I 'm thinking about the M1 HC on deck 10, B1 HC on deck 9, or at worst, the B1 Aft cabins w/ bigger balcony...anyone know either where the bed is located on the Getaway, or where to find this info? Thanks for any help!

Big Al

.....I read through the whole post and didn't see any pictures of the Deck 9 Aft B1 balconies.

Anyone have any idea why if they are the biggest of the aft balconies, none of them are taken on my 9/01/13 cruise? Is it because Deck 9 is directly over Cagney's and Moderno? You would think the larger ones would be gone first.

:confused:

wasiii

.....I read through the whole post and didn't see any pictures of the Deck 9 Aft B1 balconies.

Anyone have any idea why if they are the biggest of the aft balconies, none of them are taken on my 9/01/13 cruise? Is it because Deck 9 is directly over Cagney's and Moderno? You would think the larger ones would be gone first.

wasiii

Because we all already know it's GINORMOUS!! :)

I'm sure someone will post a photo though. :D

wasiii

The reason why I took 12 instead of 9 was because it was directly above the ocean front. Later on I learned about the roof extension of the waterfront and that solidified my decision. IMO 12 is just a better location.

The reason why I took 12 instead of 9 was because it was directly above the ocean front. Later on I learned about the roof extension of the waterfront and that solidified my decision. IMO 12 is just a better location.

.....Can you explain your answer above? I don't understand about the roof extension and why that would be an issue.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

wasiii

It's strange, but all of the deck 9 aft balconies on our cruise are also available but other decks show availability (BUT deck 12 is currently sold out). Weird.

Edited by ibcnusoon

.....Can you explain your answer above? I don't understand about the roof extension and why that would be an issue.

wass

Well, first and foremost, on deck 9 with the roof extension, it will block a good view of the wake. Another reason we didn't book deck 9 either is because it is directly above the walkway on deck 8 (hence the need for the roof) and could generate noise from people walking by, talking, running, shouting, etc.

Well, at least that's why we booked deck 12 instead of deck 9.