Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

The B1 view topic was spoken about above. Personally I don't think it's a big deal, but I do feel the view would improve up to say .... half way up. It looks like it's a trigonometry equation, yet I see the other side, as it won't matter, you will still see the same wake. No one will see more of the wake closer to the ship, the decks are tiered so the roof obstruction value will stay the same.

lol. did any of that make sense? lol

The restaurants aren't affecting the view, it's the roof over the promenade on the stern. Did you see the photos of stern in S6 visuals link on Doc?

Plus some don't want a roof right out from their balcony, just as you wouldn't want a lifeboat. Of course I'll take the roof any day over a lifeboat.

I'm with the others about noise. Some folks like to linger aft and view the wake. They will speak and who knows what else. ;) So if given a choice I would pick a higher deck. Of course it depends how this roof system disperses/reflects/absorbs sound. I do feel as others, 12 is the sweat spot for view, size, noise consideration. Of course I have given zero consideration to deck selection related to access to venues, food, elevators, etc. internal to the vessel. That's someone else's job. :D

The restaurants may generate a bit of noise for those on 9 during peak periods, but I don't think they are open 24 hours. ;) Plus recent vessels have incorporated much better sound insulation.

On the other side of the noise topic. Perhaps you don't spend much time on your balcony. :eek: So the noise thing is irrelevant. Perhaps you like to eaves drop on conversations. Anyway we will all know soon when reports come back.

HTH

The B1 view topic was spoken about above. Personally I don't think it's a big deal, but I do feel the view would improve up to say .... half way up. It looks like it's a trigonometry equation, yet I see the other side, as it won't matter, you will still see the same wake. No one will see more of the wake closer to the ship, the decks are tiered so the roof obstruction value will stay the same.

lol. did any of that make sense? lol

The restaurants aren't affecting the view, it's the roof over the promenade on the stern. Did you see the photos of stern in S6 visuals link on Doc?

Plus some don't want a roof right out from their balcony, just as you wouldn't want a lifeboat. Of course I'll take the roof any day over a lifeboat.

I'm with the others about noise. Some folks like to linger aft and view the wake. They will speak and who knows what else. ;) So if given a choice I would pick a higher deck. Of course it depends how this roof system disperses/reflects/absorbs sound. I do feel as others, 12 is the sweat spot for view, size, noise consideration. Of course I have given zero consideration to deck selection related to access to venues, food, elevators, etc. internal to the vessel. That's someone else's job. :D

The restaurants may generate a bit of noise for those on 9 during peak periods, but I don't think they are open 24 hours. ;) Plus recent vessels have incorporated much better sound insulation.

On the other side of the noise topic. Perhaps you don't spend much time on your balcony. :eek: So the noise thing is irrelevant. Perhaps you like to eaves drop on conversations. Anyway we will all know soon when reports come back.

HTH

Thanks for the views..I'm with you- I'm more concerned about noise as I'm a light sleeper..right now I'm leaning towards a deck 12 cabin and we do spend time on the balcony...yes, the reports will be back soon PLUS I have a friend going 6/2 and he's suppose to go on a cabin crawl..let's hope some of the cabins in question here will be seen!

I was telling my hubby about all this 12th deck stuff and how I had fought to get us moved to it. He said we should call ourselves "The 12th Deckers". :D

Now I'm just crossing my fingers NCL will give us a couple of loungers for our spacious balconies! :)

Edited by jenny105

Doc. updated w/M6 and B6 numbered on exterior. :)

Need photos/video of 2nd bath in S6, among others things. :p

I think B6 is 175 sqf. Room and 70 sqf. Balcony. My NCL has the room at 245 sqf. and if you go through the booking process on NCL and select a stateroom to see the details it is listed at 175sqf. This leads one to conclude it is 175 + 75 =245.

Cheers.

I think B6 is 175 sqf. Room and 70 sqf. Balcony. My NCL has the room at 245 sqf. and if you go through the booking process on NCL and select a stateroom to see the details it is listed at 175sqf. This leads one to conclude it is 175 + 75 =245.

Cheers.

Also here is link to a great picture of B6 and M6 balconies.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Cheers.

Thanks for the confirmation. Doc. updated.

Yes, that photo you linked is awesome. I used it to label the extended balcony categories M6 and B6, and the link elsewhere in the Doc. links.

This is exactly what I needed. Much appreciated. :D

I see what you mean. On NCL's plans it shows the balcony divider port of the gray area. That would indicate the starboard balcony would be larger.

I tweaked the Doc. indicating this info.

Perhaps in some of the aft photos this divider could be seen?

Is it to the left or right of gray area, or centered?

Thanks for the info

Hi. A TA friend saw these rooms on the non rev. cruise, and yes, 10916 balcony is almost as large as the s6 next door. It does get the "grey area" which is probably the end of the hallway. Only thing that stinks about that room is even though there is pullout sofa, it only allows 3. We need HA for husband, and the room looks great, but w/ two little kids they won't let us put 4 in. Seems to be a problem on this ship; no HA rooms hold four. May have to buy up to an S6 and deal w it.. THanks so much for doing this!

Edited by topanga49er

.... Only thing that stinks about that room is even though there is pullout sofa, it only allows 3. ...

It does seem odd they only allow a few pax in the HC cabins even though they can be massive.

Did you get any details about sqft, inside or out?

Another CCer reported the 2 M1's only slept 2. You heard they slept 3? Both?

They don't come up for a dummy booking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by bear3412

It does seem odd they only allow a few pax in the HC cabins even though they can be massive.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I really wanted an Aft facing balcony, but they only sleep three.

Thanks for the confirmation. Doc. updated.

Yes, that photo you linked is awesome. I used it to label the extended balcony categories M6 and B6, and the link elsewhere in the Doc. links.

This is exactly what I needed. Much appreciated. :D

Should be thanking you. I am just the little helper. :)

Updated Doc. to include which cats have tubs. :)

Thought I found a consistency w/ ncl. NOT . Not counting suites they labeled some cats "Family". I thought that might indicate tubs. Almost, no tub in Family Inside, well at least from their descriptions. ;)

If anyone discovers a tub in an inside cat I1 or I2, post here.

Hi. On your chart, you have the B1 interior almost as large as the M1 (both HC) But on deck plans, M1 looks much bigger. What do you think? thanks,

Sorry I missed your post, :o You posted as I did, and I never looked back. lol

Your right, I gave little attention to the B1 HC's. My bad.

The #'s on the Doc. make no sense. Good find.

I got the total sqft from ncl us, a cursory glance at the cabins, looked twice as big as the neighboring standard B1's. But the balconies do vary from deck to deck. So the smallest aft balcony is listed somewhere as 75, so double that for double width you get the 150 balcony. etc. etc.

I know that made no sense. :eek:

But something is wrong. Now I feel the standard B1 smallest balcony range should be lowered.

I did find, just know, ncl uk has interior at 302 for the B1 HC, which appears to make more sense. I can't get the HC cabins to show on ncl us.

But that deck 14 looked pretty shallow so the standard B1 balcony may be less than 75 on smallest deck 13.

I'll look into it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Tweaking Doc. now

I really didn't want to guess and put my own made up #'s in Doc. , but this cat I may have too, at least for balcony.

I'm going to enter 302 for interior. How do folk feel about that one.

The B1 HC cabins don't look twice the size as the ones next door.

Oh, the M1 cabins are a bit less deep too fwiw.

Updated Doc.

Set B1 balcony low range lower, down to 55.

Deck 13 looks smaller and smaller. ???? It was at 75. Those B1 cabins appear awful thin. Set to 55.

Also fwiw I have no doubt that the high range for the B1 balconies will increase after looking at the images from deck 12. :)

B1 HC interior totally flawed, set to 302. From ncl uk.

B1 HC balcony low range I completely guessed. :eek: I guess there's a first time for everything.

Therefore change the total range for the B1 HC.

I added slides in visual aids comparing the 2 balcony cabin sizes along with comparing the 2 OV sizes fwiw.

Edited by bear3412

Thanks for the feedback.

They are available 11/30/14 and are listed with a max of 2. They can be very large but you need room for large electric chairs to turn.

Cat Cabin# Min Cap Max Cap

M1 10316 1 2 Deck 10

M1 10916 1 2 Deck 10

Edited by Bobbye

Hi. A TA friend saw these rooms on the non rev. cruise, and yes, 10916 balcony is almost as large as the s6 next door. It does get the "grey area" which is probably the end of the hallway. Only thing that stinks about that room is even though there is pullout sofa, it only allows 3. We need HA for husband, and the room looks great, but w/ two little kids they won't let us put 4 in. Seems to be a problem on this ship; no HA rooms hold four. May have to buy up to an S6 and deal w it.. THanks so much for doing this!

If you husband is in a chair I'm not sure he could get into a S6. We have our son and a friend in a HC B1 for March and after viewing the small doorway and layout of the entrance (turn immediately after you enter the room) we knew there would be no way we'd get him into our S6 for our family "happy hour" before dinner, even in a manual chair. Not sure what we'll do -- maybe take everyone to his cabin?

They are available 11/30/14 and are listed with a max of 2. They can be very large but you need room for large electric chairs to turn.

Cat Cabin# Min Cap Max Cap

M1 10316 1 2 Deck 10

M1 10916 1 2 Deck 10

But don't they have a couch too, in addition to at least a queen bed?

Don't all couches sleep a pax?

You would think these cabins would sleep 3. :confused:

But don't they have a couch too, in addition to at least a queen bed?

Don't all couches sleep a pax?

You would think these cabins would sleep 3. :confused:

I didn't get to see the M1 HC when I was on the ship, I'll be in a S6 on deck 10 next week and I'll try to check out this mini-suite. Unfortunately on most ships there are very few HC cabins that sleep more than 2. We have been dealing with this for many years. Royal has the most.

bear, you are a doll for doing this! I will submit the cabin measurements for my deck 11 B1, but not going until 6/30. You will probably have them by then.:)

Maryfrei- I will also be waiting for your B1 deck 11 info..I am considering the Getaway next year and it looks like either B1's, M6, or B6's for us..it will be a surprise for my wife's b'day...

Big Al

If you husband is in a chair I'm not sure he could get into a S6. We have our son and a friend in a HC B1 for March and after viewing the small doorway and layout of the entrance (turn immediately after you enter the room) we knew there would be no way we'd get him into our S6 for our family "happy hour" before dinner, even in a manual chair. Not sure what we'll do -- maybe take everyone to his cabin?

I can't believe this!! How unfair!! I think some alterations need to be made!