"Inquire Onboard" shore excursion, now completely gone?

Going on Oasis this July and was a bit slow in reserving the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim excursion. I figured as it was several hundred dollars that surely it wouldn't fill up.

To my dismay, I saw one day that the excursion now said "Inquire Onboard". Rats, I didn't figure it would sell out. Now the excursion doesn't even appear in the list of choices - it's as if it's completely gone and it's not even an option.

I called up RCI and they say that it's all full. But does this mean that it's all full and there's no possibility of even getting the excursion booked onboard? Or are there still several spots held back? Why doesn't it show up as "Inquire Onboard" like the other excursions that are all full? Are they not anticipating any spots to be available?

I'd rather book through RCI, as the port time in Nassau is rather short. But if there is no possibility of getting this excursion once we board, I might have to book directly with Blue Lagoon and take our chances getting back to the ship in time.

Not familiar with the Tour but how long is the tour vs time in Port and departure time. I generally will book our ship tours as soon as they become available. We are leaving for Sydney Australia next March and booked all our NZ Tours already, plus the Transpacific Tours.

Ship is in port from 7 am to 2 pm.

Dolphin Swim encounter leaves at 8 am and is approximately 4 hours long.

I think we'd be ok booking directly with Blue Lagoon, but as I understand it, we'd be responsible for transfers from the ship to Paradise Island where we would catch a ferry to Blue Lagoon. I'm guessing that we would be back to ship by around 1 pm, which cuts it a little closer than I like especially when we are on our own in terms of an excursion outside of RCI.

Booking directly with Blue Lagoon is $185, while the Royal Caribbean tour I believe was $202.

I always like to give us a 2 hour leeway when booking tours. If you can get back by 1 that shouldn't be a problem. 7 Hours in Port isn't very long. I always make sure my watch is on Ships time. However for that differance, $17 pp I probably would go with the Ships tour then they will make sure they get you back. For our NZ cruise next year and being this is our first trip and not knowing the area, we are going all ship tours and paying the extra $$'s in some cases quite a bit.

There is a recent review of Allure or Oasis where the OP did Blue Lagoon on their owm, and did not have a problem getting back to the ship on-time. Maybe you could run a search on Blue Lagoon and it will come up?

The high volume tours usually can be booked onboard (for ex bus tours, catamarans, etc), but the lower-occupancy ones (Segways, private island, etc) may sometimes fill up completely before sailing. So if you really want something, book it as soon as possible. Also keep checking as someone may drop their tour before sailing.

Too lazy to go look, sorry :) ... but I think they still do priority wait lists for shore excursions for higher level C&A members, if that helps. I'd defn try stopping when you get on board. I've read they do hold some slots back, and even if that isn't the case you could get on a waitlist.

Im on a cruise in Feb that is also showing " inquire on board" for some Blue Lagoon excursions. I think this may have something to do with offerings from BL than them " filling". I'd keep checking and do as they suggest inquire on Board. Given the huge lead time for my cruise and similar message, I think this is more of a pricing scheduling issue with Blue Lagoon right now than a simple matter of being full.

Archived