Do Celebrity ship tours to St. John ferry you from Havensight?

Crewmates

We will be on the Celebrity Summit next February and March. I was wondering if anyone knows if the boat ride from St. Thomas to St. John for the 4 hour ship tours originate at Havensight or if the tour operator buses you to Red Hook to catch the ferry? What about the 6-1/2 hour tours? (I am, of course, assuming the Summit will be docking at Havensight and not Crown Bay.)

Thank you, Richard

We will be on the Celebrity Summit next February and March. I was wondering if anyone knows if the boat ride from St. Thomas to St. John for the 4 hour ship tours originate at Havensight or if the tour operator buses you to Red Hook to catch the ferry? What about the 6-1/2 hour tours? (I am, of course, assuming the Summit will be docking at Havensight and not Crown Bay.)

Thank you, Richard

On Celebrity Constellation, we docked in Havensight and our tour to St John started right next to our ship. It wasn't the regular ferry but a boat just for the planned tours.

On Celebrity Constellation, we docked in Havensight and our tour to St John started right next to our ship. It wasn't the regular ferry but a boat just for the planned tours.

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you do one of the half day (4 hour) tours or was it a full day (6-1/2 Hour) tours? I, some how, got the impression that the ferry ride part of the half day tours did not start at the ship.

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you do one of the half day (4 hour) tours or was it a full day (6-1/2 Hour) tours? I, some how, got the impression that the ferry ride part of the half day tours did not start at the ship.

We did a half-day tour. The boat to St John had people joining a variety of tours (beach time, self guided, etc). We were on a tour which included a safari-bus type tour of the island and about an hour for shopping in town before taking the boat back to our cruise ship. I think we even ate lunch on our ship so it was definitely a morning tour.

We did a half-day tour. The boat to St John had people joining a variety of tours (beach time, self guided, etc). We were on a tour which included a safari-bus type tour of the island and about an hour for shopping in town before taking the boat back to our cruise ship. I think we even ate lunch on our ship so it was definitely a morning tour.

Looked up out tour. Here's the one we took on St Johns. Note that it mentions a "tour boat" which is not the regular passenger ferry.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/asr/shorex/shorexExcursionDetails.do?productCode=ST91

Thank you Colliercruiser. We are leaning towards this tour ourselves as the last time we were on St. John (went via the Red Hook ferry) we spent all of our time at Trunk Bay and didn't see more than that of the island.

This is my video from 7 hours St. John tour - i did not sail Celebrity but there were a celebrrity tour at the boat - the tour did start next to the Celebrity Cruise Ship

Link to video:

Excellent video Hallasm. I'm going to send the link to our friends that will be going with us. They have never been to St. John and this will give them an excellent preview of the island.

Archived