Cabin Options..?

Hi Everyone

Recently booked onto the Carnival Glory and for a change we have booked an Ocean View cabin on deck 1 ... We have never got an ocean view cabin before which meant one of my group had to sleep on the Pullman bed after two occasions of this we decided to get a room which would accommodate for three without needing a Pullman bed. which made us opt for a Ocean View room ... With this in mind it made me think about you all on Cruise Critic ...

What cabin options would you choose for a cabin of three people? which cabin type do you like and why? does your cabin choice vary depending on the ship you sail on?

I've stayed in all types of rooms. It really depends on what you want to pay, and what you are looking for. To me, after many cruises in Balconies, and a Suite, I've decided that they were just too overpriced when in all other ways you have the same cruise as those in an inside room. But, having said that, at one point for our next cruise, the balcony rooms became available at the same cost we paid for an inside room, so we switched.

For me, its more about level. I'm not big on the very low decks, and I would rather be on the 6th floor or above, even for inside rooms, but that is me. Just like with the regular real estate market, its all location, location, location. I'd rather have a low-rent room in a pricy area, than a big room in a bad area.

I've stayed in all types of rooms. It really depends on what you want to pay, and what you are looking for. To me, after many cruises in Balconies, and a Suite, I've decided that they were just too overpriced when in all other ways you have the same cruise as those in an inside room. But, having said that, at one point for our next cruise, the balcony rooms became available at the same cost we paid for an inside room, so we switched.

For me, its more about level. I'm not big on the very low decks, and I would rather be on the 6th floor or above, even for inside rooms, but that is me. Just like with the regular real estate market, its all location, location, location. I'd rather have a low-rent room in a pricy area, than a big room in a bad area.

I agree its about location for us. To the OP I would book for what your needs are.For example we usually only sail Conquest class ships (mainly for itinerary) and we always book Lido balcony right around 9293 either side of the ship.Awesome location right by the pool,bars,food,morning coffee,my own private bathroom about 30 feet from the pool.Its not noisy as people think we have a private hallway that keeps the noise out. It kind of depends on what you want,some people look for a bargain ,some people like an area of the ship

Hi Everyone

Recently booked onto the Carnival Glory and for a change we have booked an Ocean View cabin on deck 1 ... We have never got an ocean view cabin before which meant one of my group had to sleep on the Pullman bed after two occasions of this we decided to get a room which would accommodate for three without needing a Pullman bed. which made us opt for a Ocean View room ... With this in mind it made me think about you all on Cruise Critic ...

What cabin options would you choose for a cabin of three people? which cabin type do you like and why? does your cabin choice vary depending on the ship you sail on?

It would depend on who the three people were! I took my granddaughters on one cruise; we had a balcony room and it was a little tight, but not too bad. However, when I went with my sisters, we opted for an ocean suite to allow us all a bit of room to move around more easily. It ended up costing us about $100 more per person to take the suite over the balcony, which for us was money well spent!

It would depend on who the three people were! I took my granddaughters on one cruise; we had a balcony room and it was a little tight, but not too bad. However, when I went with my sisters, we opted for an ocean suite to allow us all a bit of room to move around more easily. It ended up costing us about $100 more per person to take the suite over the balcony, which for us was money well spent!

Alot of people on here try to book close to the gym to use their showers to free cabin space up for getting ready for dinner

I agree its about location for us. To the OP I would book for what your needs are.For example we usually only sail Conquest class ships (mainly for itinerary) and we always book Lido balcony right around 9293 either side of the ship.Awesome location right by the pool,bars,food,morning coffee,my own private bathroom about 30 feet from the pool.Its not noisy as people think we have a private hallway that keeps the noise out. It kind of depends on what you want,some people look for a bargain ,some people like an area of the ship

I am thinking ahead for any future cruises with my dad it would be good if we could know he could have a view or something while he rests up during the cruise as thinking of his age we don't want him to over exert himself. I think everyone likes a bargain but location of the ship is in my opinion more important. thanks for your feedback :)

thank you for your feedback :) for me and my family it will be about space for three single beds or a double and a single bed ... plus im thinking my dad may enjoy his own lil view of the ports and the sea when he is relaxing in the room.

Thank you for your feedback! :) the three people are me. my sister and my dad. yes space would be more of a consideration three adults trying to get ready :) I am thinking of any future cruising we may do and what would be the best option ... whether the treat for getting a balcony or if sticking to a ocean view room would be best

Alot of people on here try to book close to the gym to use their showers to free cabin space up for getting ready for dinner

Wow I never thought of that clever people! hehe we normally take turns dad gets ready first and then I get ready and then my sister gets ready and I do our makeup (mine and my sisters)

We have booked porthole rooms in the past. Check the configuration before booking, but most of them have 3 beds on the floor and one that can pull down. It works well for us with 4 people because only one person has to go in the upper bunk. They are usually one of the cheapest rooms too, but there are only a few, so book early.

We have booked porthole rooms in the past. Check the configuration before booking, but most of them have 3 beds on the floor and one that can pull down. It works well for us with 4 people because only one person has to go in the upper bunk. They are usually one of the cheapest rooms too, but there are only a few, so book early.

Very few ships have port hole cabins that hold more than 2 people. Sounds like you have mostly been on the newest ships if you are putting more than 2 in PTs.

I know Dream class allows more than 2 to a cabin .. what other ships?

Hi Everyone

Carnival Glory--- book your dad in with you this cabin holds 4 people

scenic ocean view cabin

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Archived