Long layover on disembarkation

Hey folks....

My family and I are heading out on the May 19 cruise (Allure) but when we return, our flight back home doesn't depart until 7 P.M.

I don't feel like sitting at the airport for 12 hours so I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks....Don

We had the same situation last week. Our flight didn't leave until 7:10 on Sunday. I called Embassy Suites as soon as the ship was docked and reserved a day room with them. It was $100. We also requested late departure from the ship, so our number was called around 10:30, and we arrived at the hotel around 11:00. Checked out around 4:30 to head to the airport.

We just got off the Oasis. I had a 12:15 PM flight booked but we made it to the airport by 6:50 AM. Went to the jetblue desk and they were able to stand by us on the 8 AM flight where we got on no problem. even had two seats together. Now, I'm not suggesting that you go that early, but check your airline to see if they have any earlier flights that you might be able to change your tickets to or fly standby. Enjoy your trip.

We had the same problem -- off the ship before 9am, but flight back to Toronto not until 10pm.

Some years we've booked a day hotel, but this year we discovered this: http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/CityPass_card.pdf

It was maybe around $30 -- they pick you up at the ship, take you to the hospitality centre, and then deliver you to the airport much later in the day.

The hospitality suite is a dedicated room in a community centre. They had free drinks & snacks for us, free wifi, clean bathrooms and a free pass to use the Hollywood trolley system -- there's a stop right in front.

It's also literally seconds from a fabulous beach and boardwalk called "The Broadwalk", so bring your swimsuit & sunscreen if that's your thing.

You can buy it on the ship from the Shore Excursion desk.

Highly recommended!

We just got off the Oasis. I had a 12:15 PM flight booked but we made it to the airport by 6:50 AM. Went to the jetblue desk and they were able to stand by us on the 8 AM flight where we got on no problem. even had two seats together. Now, I'm not suggesting that you go that early, but check your airline to see if they have any earlier flights that you might be able to change your tickets to or fly standby. Enjoy your trip.

Good for JetBlue! Southwest won't do this. :( (unless it's cheaper than your original fare or you are willing to pay the difference)

Archived