Delayed flight, what to do?

jewels07

After our POA cruise, our Hawaiian Airlines flight has been changed to 1½ hours later, departing now at 2.30pm.

Since it seems we have to be off the ship by 9.30 or thereabouts, what can we do between then and 12.30 when we check in at the airport.

It's not long enough for any tour, but we really don't want to sit in the airport for 3 hours with luggage.

Is there anywhere interesting to stop en route to the airport, or even a nice café/restaurant with pleasant views?

You could do a post-cruise excursion. Our flight left at 3:30 p.m. and we did the early bird Pearl Harbor excursion through NCL. It worked out very well. We were at Pearl Harbor just shy of 3 hrs and at the airport by 12 noon. Our luggage came with us on the bus.

Well...if it were me I would be thrilled with the extra time. And...I would head to the beach in front of the Outrigger Waikiki, rent an umbrella and 2 chairs, enjoy swimming in Waikiki, and a last mai tai and burger at Dukes. We often order take-out at Dukes bar. It's great. There is a shower to rinse off and you can easily change clothes. Hope this helps. Cherie And, I think that you can check your luggage with the bell desk.

We are spending 2 nights in Waikiki pre-cruise and have a PH tour included, but the Outrigger beach suggestion sounds good.

I agree that any additional time in Hawaii is great, but wanted to put it to some good use rather than in the airport!

Thanks both of you for your help!

Archived