Shuttle bus Civitavecchia

jawsbad

Will be sailing on Celebrity Equinox into Civitavecchia and would like to take the train into Rome for the day. How much does the ship charge to get to town or the train station. Is the charge round trip or one way. How early do the shuttles start?

Any information would be helpful in planning which train to shoot for.

You can make yourself a simple google map to see the walk to the station. As your destination use the very end of Viale della Repubblica; for the start I use the traffic circle at Calata Cesare Laurenti. The total distance is as Paul stated, just under half a mile (4/10ths of a mile, to be precise).

On our TA, Celebrity was offering the biggest rip off ever--$23 for transport from ship to train station. So because you can get to the front of the port for free, that equates to $23 for 4 blocks. . .

There was a lady enquiring at the concierge desk about getting into Rome (leaving it a bit late IMO). Someone said she could walk from the port entrance to the train station, and she said, "Oh, no, not with all my luggage," to which I had to pipe in and say, "if you can't get your luggage to the station, how on earth are you planning to get it to the right platform and on the train???"

We usually take the train, but we did have three bags between us and were able to share a van with some CC friends. It was 25E each for drop off right at our hotel, well worth the price differential to us, since we would have had to pay for a taxi once we got to Termini anyway.

However, if it had just been a port day with no luggage, we would definitely have taken the train.

We usually take the train, but we did have three bags between us and were able to share a van with some CC friends. It was 25E each for drop off right at our hotel, well worth the price differential to us, since we would have had to pay for a taxi once we got to Termini anyway.

However, if it had just been a port day with no luggage, we would definitely have taken the train.

Do you mind sharing which van service you used to get to the hotel? I will need the same in August.

Thanks.

Archived