I'm now officially useless

finalcloud

My cruise is in single digits. It's my first cruise. The Glory is in port and a friend's dad took a picture and it's now my desktop background picture at work. The next week is going to suck but I'm not sure what is going to suck more: this week or the week after getting off the boat :(

It's a good thing I coach my daughter's Tee Ball team or I would just be about the cruise 24/7.

Congrats on reaching the single digit dance time!! Not to make you feel bad, but both weeks will suck! When your cruise is done and you are walking off the ship, you will feel a need to figure out when the next one will be! All of us have been there and most of us are still there, no matter how many times we done it!

Have a great cruise and please come back and share your experience with a review.

Spend your useless time at work plotting out your next cruise. Set up at countdown clock. Then, when you get home, you'll be ticking down. This is a necessary psychological crutch, trust me ;)

Spend your useless time at work plotting out your next cruise. Set up at countdown clock. Then, when you get home, you'll be ticking down. This is a necessary psychological crutch, trust me ;)

Our port doesn't have the 2014 schedule up yet :mad:

The next vacation will be a family vacation to Disney World. Our daughter wants to go badly and she's only four! I have no problem taking her at that age. She is heavy into Disney Princesses and we would like to get her there before she switches to other stuff. :eek: Also we took a trip to NC, for mom's Birth Cert, and I accediently said "Welcome to I95 the main road to Disney World". My bad.

I LIKE THAT...good advice

Instead of counting down the days, I'm now counting down the hours. In 48 hours, I'll be headed to the airport for a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. In just over 72 hours, I'll be leaving the hotel and headed to the Freedom. The past few work days have been less than stellarly productive!

I think I am at 165, and I am very jealous! But in a good way. Yesteray I spent the day plotting out the possibolility of a cruise next year. I am hoping my part time job (which pasy for cruises) doesn't have to be used for my full time job (which pays the bills) If there were more hours in the week, or I could work in my sleep, I would take a fourth job! to guarnantee a cruise every year.

The next vacation will be a family vacation to Disney World. Our daughter wants to go badly and she's only four! I have no problem taking her at that age. She is heavy into Disney Princesses and we would like to get her there before she switches to other stuff. :eek: Also we took a trip to NC, for mom's Birth Cert, and I accediently said "Welcome to I95 the main road to Disney World". My bad.

That's the best age to take her, she will love it :D You did set yourself up for it didn't you?? Enjoy your cruise and your next vacation too!

We sail in just 2 weeks and these weeks are going forever SLOW. Right now we are doing the school count down and leave just a few days after the last day of school.

We have already booked a trip for NEXT summer, so the count down will begin all over again once this trip is over.

I am scouring trips trying to find somthing affordable that we can manage between the upcoming trip and next summer. I am thinking maybe Christmas, but will have to find a great deal to make it happen.

My cruise is in single digits. It's my first cruise. The Glory is in port and a friend's dad took a picture and it's now my desktop background picture at work. The next week is going to suck but I'm not sure what is going to suck more: this week or the week after getting off the boat :(

It's a good thing I coach my daughter's Tee Ball team or I would just be about the cruise 24/7.

As others have said we have all been in the same position. Nothing worse than disembarkation and you can see the next lot of passengers all eagerly waiting to board. I try to at least have a few ideas as to where to cruise next, just to take the edge off leaving the ship.

Enjoy every minute of your cruise, so that you will abundant memories to savour until it is time for your next holiday.

Instead of counting down the days, I'm now counting down the hours. In 48 hours, I'll be headed to the airport for a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. In just over 72 hours, I'll be leaving the hotel and headed to the Freedom. The past few work days have been less than stellarly productive!

I'm so jealous! We were on the Freedom in March, did this itinerary and had a blast! Loved the Freedom, wish i was going with you in 2 days!!!

Now that my cruise is behind me, i'm just as worthless as before - i'm spending every available minute surfing these boards and checking cruises trying to plan our next one!

Oh, just what i needed - another addiction in my life!:D

The final week of waiting is always the worst. Then the week after I always think well this time last week I was in the middle of the ocean eating WCMC. It is a loose loose situation. Lol

Both weeks stink... the day before your cruise is the worse... Do yourself a big favor and take a sleeping aid before going to bed or you will never get to sleep!! I was only able to sleep for about an 1 and half the entire night, i could not get my mind to shut off.

The last night of the cruise is a bit depressing as well... you will meet a lot of great people during the cruise who you will immediately miss when the cruise is over. I met an amazing group of people who I have remained in touch with and am even planning on another cruise with them in October.

I had gone on my cruise as a solo. I was apprehensive about going alone as I tend to be a bit shy in person and was worried that I would feel lonely. Every day of my cruise was amazing! The crew were all wonderful and made sure I felt right at home. The other passengers were all so friendly and fun.

The weeks following the cruise, I definitely felt a bit of a withdrawal and mine was only a 4 night cruise. I started looking up bookings for my next cruise the day i got home from the first one!! You will be addicted :)

Have a great cruise!

Tee hee -- you are doing better than I. I board the Glory in just under 3 weeks, but I've been pretty much useless ever since I booked it (also first cruise ever). Have a great trip, and enjoy the anticipation! Studies show that the anticipation is just as good, if not better, than the actual vacation.

Welcome and have a great cruise!!!:D

Archived