Millennium Boarding Time in Seward?

rachel_95762

What time do you think my family will be able to board in Seward? Wasn't able to find out from the first cruise of the year last Friday because all passengers had to get off so the crew could clean because of a Noro outbreak.

I think my docs say 2pm, but from everything I've read you can get there as early as noon. Keep in mind though that your cabin may not be ready until 1pm or later. There's plenty to do in Seward if you want to get in an extra "port" stop before boarding. We'll probably try to drop off our luggage at the cruise terminal before we head to the SeaLife Center to tour it and do a Marine Mammal encounter. Then we'll probably grab some lunch and then head to the ship about 3ish.

When we embarked in Seward, we checked out of the Holiday Inn Express around 11:15-11:30 AM and took a cab over to the terminal. Processing and boarding was efficient and quick -- we were on the ship within 20 minutes.

My husband & I are arriving into Seward on the morning train from Anchorage on 5/31/13. Our plan was to go directly to the ship, embark, eat lunch and then go back to town for some sightseeing. Can we do that, or once we embark, must we stay on the ship that day? This is our first cruise, so still learning the ropes. I have been so grateful for all the helpful info on this site!

Archived