another wine thread

Vanilla

If I buy (as gifts for myself) 2 bottles of wine (from the online gift services) to have delivered in the room, does this mean when I bring the 2 bottles on board that morning I am going to be subject to the corkage fee?

If I buy (as gifts for myself) 2 bottles of wine (from the online gift services) to have delivered in the room, does this mean when I bring the 2 bottles on board that morning I am going to be subject to the corkage fee?

I hope not, we are planning to do the same.

Theo

It should not make the first two bottles you bring onboard subject to corkage. The bottle you buy from the ship effectively have the corkage built in. Under the old rules, you would not have paid corkage on the bottles you bought from the ship and brought to dinner.

Interesting question.....and i too would like a definitive answer please.

If i 'gift' myself bottles of wine and take them to dinner, will i pay corkage for the wine waiter to open for me?

Surely not, as the corkage would be factored into the price (as mentioned earlier in the thread) that i would pay when 'gifting' them to my stateroom.

Pete

Interesting question.....and i too would like a definitive answer please.

If i 'gift' myself bottles of wine and take them to dinner, will i pay corkage for the wine waiter to open for me?

Surely not, as the corkage would be factored into the price (as mentioned earlier in the thread) that i would pay when 'gifting' them to my stateroom.

Pete

No corkage fee will be charged in the MDR for wine purchased from Princess.

It's unknown what procedure they'll use to determine which bottles were purchased from Princess & which have already incurred a corkage fee when brought onboard. When we receive a free bottle of wine from our TA there's a card in our cabin which we bring to the MDR to use which in reality is a $20 credit towards a bottle of wine.

I had a bottle of wine we got from Princess which was stamped with the Princess Seawitch logo indicating that corkage was already included.

image.jpg.1765f22712ec441587518fca07ebb258.jpg

Under the old rules, you would not have paid corkage on the bottles you bought from the ship and brought to dinner.

Almost certain that you would have paid corkage to bring your own wine into the MDR. Personal wine was not for consumption in public areas.:eek:

I'm sure people did ... but we're talking about the rules...

It's unknown what procedure they'll use to determine which bottles were purchased from Princess & which have already incurred a corkage fee when brought onboard. ...

It is likely known to Princess...

It is likely known to Princess...

I doubt they'll keep a list of which bottles are fee free & which have corkage added. That would require recording each type of wine when brought onboard & then in the MDR waiters would have to check each passengers wine list to determine if it's a free bottle & to add corkage or it has already been charged corkage.

I'm sure they'll figure out the most cost effective & streamlined procedure possible. Placing a Seawitch stamp on those with corkage already paid when counting bottles brought onboard could be an option.

They stamped a bottle of wine we got on the Crown at the end of last year so we didn't have to pay corkage in the MDR so it's something they have used to determine whether to charge corkage or not.

Archived