The Arctic Club Seattle (DoubleTree)

ELWmusic1

Because of the history of the building I have actually been inside the lobby. We have never considered staying there. It is in the Pioneer Square area of Seattle which is undergoing a renewal, but still is little rough around the edges for some. I would suspect that there might be some interesting "entertainment" on the street at night.

I wouldn't say that it's in the part of Pioneer Square that's "rough around the edges." (And unless you're prone to wandering around at 1 AM you're not likely to be offended by the street people around Occidental Square.) It's really in the Seattle office core, in the shadow of the Columbia Tower, domain of bankers and their lawyer lackeys. The Arctic Building is on the National Register - an historic office building converted to a hotel around ten years ago. The "Dome Room" on the top floor (used as an event space by the hotel) is one of the grandest rooms in Seattle - be sure to see it.

It's half a block from the Pioneer Square (equally misnamed) light rail station, so dead easy if commuting from the airport. The only drawback is that there aren't a huge number of restaurants in the immediate (within a block or two) vicinity - a couple, but not as many as you'd find up in the retail core, 6 or 7 blocks to the north. On the other hand it's not too far from the central waterfront.

I wouldn't hesitate staying there.

I wouldn't say that it's in the part of Pioneer Square that's "rough around the edges." (And unless you're prone to wandering around at 1 AM you're not likely to be offended by the street people around Occidental Square.) It's really in the Seattle office core, in the shadow of the Columbia Tower, domain of bankers and their lawyer lackeys. The Arctic Building is on the National Register - an historic office building converted to a hotel around ten years ago. The "Dome Room" on the top floor (used as an event space by the hotel) is one of the grandest rooms in Seattle - be sure to see it.

It's half a block from the Pioneer Square (equally misnamed) light rail station, so dead easy if commuting from the airport. The only drawback is that there aren't a huge number of restaurants in the immediate (within a block or two) vicinity - a couple, but not as many as you'd find up in the retail core, 6 or 7 blocks to the north. On the other hand it's not too far from the central waterfront.

I wouldn't hesitate staying there.

I choose The Arctic Club because it is a Hilton hotel i downtown on the light rail line. Reviews for the hotel are hard to find. Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed there and enjoyed it. Requested high floor and had lovely view of water and historic buildings in town. Not a major water view but it was still nice in between the buildings. One long balcony shared and could walk out and enjoy. Agree not many restaurants nearby but walk-able. One downstairs was not terribly expensive and we did have breakfast there. Enjoyed having drink in lobby. Nice historical building and would stay there again. Need to take taxi to port.

Archived