Ok Now what do I do? Mariner.

We have decided to fly into Fl for our Oct 2nd Mariner cruise, We will be arriving at the Orlando (MCO) airport on sat. Oct. 1st around 10am. We have reservations at the Hilton Cocoa Beach for Sat night. What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? Does the Hilton have a shuttle to the port? or best way?

This is our first cruise out of Florida and also our first cruise using a flight into port area so any / all suggesstions are very much welcomed.

Our returning flight is at 5:18pm out of MCO back to Dallas/Ft Worth. Is this a good time frame for a return trip home?

Since you are getting in so early in the day I would rent a car in MCO and drop it off in Coaco Beach. There are plenty of rental car companies there that will give you a ride to the port on Sunday Morning. Budget and Avis are a ocouple of examples.

You have plenty of time to get from the port to MCO. Our fligtjh next month back from Mariner out of MCO is at 11:54. If I was you I would again rent a car and return it to the airport.

Hi Knothead... (glad your not driving:D )

Have you checked out the Shuttle Vanessa is offering through Arts SHuttle.

We arrive at 1035...and have been added to the 1130 shuttle.There is one at 1030,1130 and 300....

It is suppossed to be 10 pp...Since its a large group...But PBhunt added,and they told her 12...(I forgot to ask) But hey...Thats pretty good.

We were really considering a rental...looked like we could get it for about 45-50

(for overnight,a little less for just the day)...But ya know...The hassle of rental cars (two,one way rentals) and returning it,and getting a shuttle to the ship...

Arts seemed much easier,at that price...

She said as long as there is room anyone can add to her reservation..Just let her know what shuttle and how many..

(almost 100 days :p )

Cat

Rent a car in Orlando and drop it in Port Canaveral (several agencies have sites on A1A). They will shuttle you to the ship after you drop off the car. We recently did this with Budget and they were GREAT!

Yes knothead, brn2cruz is correct. If you posted on the roll call thread, many of your questions about transportation and hotels could be answered there, by the rest of us cruising with you :D

Vanessa's group is staying at the Radisson, though. So you might have to make your own way to the Hilton, but you will be much closer to it! :)

A car rental might be the way to go. That's what we are doing on the way there since we are arriving Thursday afternoon, and the cruise isn't until Sunday. Budget, Avis and Hertz are near the cruise port and have shuttles. We are using National, which isn't and doesn't. Costco has coupons if you are a member. :)

My family is flying in late Sat to Orlando in July.

We reserved a black car. They will be greeting us in baggage claim. We will be dropped off at our Port Canaveral Hotel.

When the ship returns, the black car will be there again waiting to take us to Disneyworld.

After a few days at Disneyworld, the black car will get us again and take us to the Orlando Airport.

TOTAL COST: $120.00 (includes gratuity)

Let me know if you want the information to do this too!

Sure beats the rental car hassle and paying for parking and heck...even the driving!

Yes knothead, brn2cruz is correct. If you posted on the roll call thread, many of your questions about transportation and hotels could be answered there, by the rest of us cruising with you :D

Vanessa's group is staying at the Radisson, though. So you might have to make your own way to the Hilton, but you will be much closer to it! :)

Good point about that..Duh...We are at the Radisson also :rolleyes:

We recently sailed the Mariner and used Budget - we had 4 in our group and it was definitely cheaper for us and were very pleased with the service. If you do rent a car join the rental companie's quick rental club - lines for rentals at MCO can be very long!!

Here's a link to my review if want more details http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=190741

Son of a cruiser:

Your trip sounds about like ours. We will be arriving a day ahead and staying at the Hilton in Cocoa Beach. How much was the rental car for both your one way trips? Also do you know how I should sign up for Budgets fast service(what ever its called I forgot!). Did you reserve a car ahead of time or did you just wait until you got to the airport that day?

TIA

I've always found the online rates to be the cheapest and if you want you can always try for a no charge upgrade at the counter.

Don't forget to check to see if you've a 'membership' that allows you discounted rental. Belong to AAA or perhaps a union or some credit cards all offer discount travel services on car rental.

Son of a cruiser:

I set up my account thru budget and I can get a full size car one way for $47.07 total. My question is they don't show a drop off location in cocoa beach only cape cancaveral, is this where you dropped yours off?

Kothead - Yes we reserved ahead of time - strongly recommend a reservation!! We got an SUV for about $60 each way to accomodate the 4 of us. Your price for the full size sounds about right.

Just looked at my old email confirmation from Budget - you are correct, the drop off is in Cape Canaveral. It is a little confusing - This is exactly what my email confirmation said:

"Drop off Location - Cocoa Beach Fl.

8401 Astronaut Blvd

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920"

LOL - When you get there you will see that it is all one area - only way to tell you are leaving Cocoa and entering Cape Canavaeral, is if you happen to seee a sign.

BTW - the Budget location code is CC5 for the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral location

Hope this helps - you will have great time on the Mariner!!

One more ? for Son of a cruiser:

Did you make your post cruise reservations for budget at the same time you made the pre-cruise reservation or wait until drop-off before boarding or after u got off ship on last day? Also do you have to make arrangements for shuttle to pick you up after getting off ship?

Sorry for so many ?'s but I want to be prepared. Compulsive I know.

Here's what I would suggest;

To get from MCO to the port, rent a car from Budget, return it at the port and use their shuttle. (We didn't use the shuttle becuase we didn't know about it at the time)

From the port to MCO, just use the transfer RCCL provides. We found it very reliable.

Knothead - yes we reserved the return from the port to MCO when we reserved the car from MCO to the port. I would definately recommend this - to make sure Budget has the vehicle you want in Cape Canaveral a the end of your cruise. The Budget shuttle was ready and waiting when we got off the ship. They pretty much run constantly from the pier to the Budget office when the ships are unloading/loading. You may have to wait a few minutes for one to return, but the trip from the pier to the Budget location only takes about 5 minutes!! If you decide to do this, just ask the shuttle driver to point out the pickup location when he drops you off prior to the cruise.

I am sure the RCI shuttles are quite reliable as well, but I noticed in your original post that your flight was not until 5:18. We also had a later flight and used the car to do a little sight seeing in Orlando on the way to the airport. Even went to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at Universal City Walk for lunch:) !! (long time parrotheads here!!) Drop off at MCO was a breeze. Hope this helps

Knothead: We too are going on Mariner 10/02, Have you signed up for M&M yet? Please join our Yahoo group Mariner100205. And join our chat sunday nights@ 9pm east. Also setting up a precruise party and doing armbands to ID our group aboard.

Alan&Denice

My family (group of five adults) just returned from MOS. We are from DFW and flew a day early and stayed in Orlando. We rented a car both ways and loved it. With three ladies there was a lot of bags! Late flight home so we drove over to space center for a little while and then in Orlando went to City Walk by Universal and ate at Jimmy Buffet's and saw a movie before going to the airport. My dad used Avis and we were very happy with the service. Anything else let me know.

pbhunt & brn2crz: I'm not ignoring anyone but I'm only on the computer at work so I can't spend alot of time here. Also I can never find the M&M thread. For some reason, I guess I'm trying too hard plus I'm a little computer technology deficient. lol! If I get a chance I'll try to get over there, what is the best way to find the thread?

What time should we expect to be off ship & on our way to MCO? How far ahead of time do we need to be at MCO for our 5:18pm flight?

Try to see you all on the M&M thread!!!!

Archived