Ok Now what do I do? Mariner.

I certainly understand about work computers, knothead. :)

The link to the Oct2 Mariner thread is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4038205#post4038205

Once you open it, you can add it to favorites as a bookmark or add it to subscribed threads if you have e-mail notification turned on .

I don't know for sure what time we will get off the ship. I would guess between 8 and and no later than 10am. I think Orlando is a 2 hour before departure airport, so you would probably want to arrive between 3 and 3:30 for your 5:18 flight.

Ok I saved the m&m thread to my favorites. It looks like it will take me until cruise time to go thru and read the threads.

So it looks like I need to reserve the budget rental for 8am to about 3:00pm, does anyone know what happens if I reserve a rental for 8am and don't get off ship until 10am? Can I return car early at MCO?

What do you know about the rccl shuttles back to airport? cost? Free? Do I need to reserve if this is the choice we go with? I hate to spend alot of $$ for a rental for 4 or 5 hours but I also hate to spend 4 or 5 hours at the airport trying to kill time? Help!!!

You need to talk to your Travel Agent about the cost of the RCI shuttle and post cruise excursions. It is not free. It will probably also get you to the airport 4-5 hours earlier than your flight. There is another thread on the boards about post cruise RCI excursions, you might want to look into those at the RCI website under shore excursions? if you decide to use that option. :)

We were on the Mariner in January and rented a car the day before. We used Hertz and the driver told people that had cars reserved after the cruise exactly where to go to be picked up. It looked easy to me.

Our flight back to Atlanta out of MCO was about 5:00 and we took the post-cruise tour to the Space Center. I forget the cost, but it was only a little more than just getting a rental car and it included admission for the space center and the transfer to the airport. We got there about 3:00 so that was perfect.

Archived