Ruby Balcony Question

Caris

We are sailing the Ruby in August and have been assigned a BB cabin on the Aloha deck.

I am not completely up to date on all the cabin category changes, but when I looked at the Caribe deck, I saw some BD balconies near the aft. I would rather have the larger balcony, so I called and switched my cabin from the BB to the BD.

Am I missing something? Why would that be a lower category than a forward-ish cabin on the Aloha deck?

I have sailed Princess a lot, but not on the Ruby and not since they changed the categories. I've been away from cruising and the boards for a little while and I'm trying to catch up.

Thanks for your responses :)

We are sailing the Ruby in August and have been assigned a BB cabin on the Aloha deck.

I am not completely up to date on all the cabin category changes, but when I looked at the Caribe deck, I saw some BD balconies near the aft. I would rather have the larger balcony, so I called and switched my cabin from the BB to the BD.

Am I missing something? Why would that be a lower category than a forward-ish cabin on the Aloha deck?

I have sailed Princess a lot, but not on the Ruby and not since they changed the categories. I've been away from cruising and the boards for a little while and I'm trying to catch up.

The BB's are considered mid-forward while the BD's are aft. In the new categorization, midship (or mid-forward/mid-aft) cabins are more expensive than those that are fully aft or forward... location, location, location... FWIW, I'd go with that Caribe balcony too!

It's all about location. You made a good change. Enjoy the bigger balcony.

You made a good choice. Warning. If your TA (or you if you booked direct) does inform Princess to classify your cabin as "no upgrade" Princess could change your cabin to a higher category, which may have the smaller balcony. If you are happy with your BD selection have it classifed "no upgrade".

You made a good choice. Warning. If your TA (or you if you booked direct) does inform Princess to classify your cabin as "no upgrade" Princess could change your cabin to a higher category, which may have the smaller balcony. If you are happy with your BD selection have it classifed "no upgrade".

I hadn't thought of this, yikes! Is there a way to do this online or do I have to call? I booked it myself with Princess direct.

Thanks, I would be disappointed to be upgraded to a smaller balcony!! (especially since you all confirmed this was the right choice ;) )

I hadn't thought of this, yikes! Is there a way to do this online or do I have to call? I booked it myself with Princess direct.

Thanks, I would be disappointed to be upgraded to a smaller balcony!! (especially since you all confirmed this was the right choice ;) )

You have to call. Do it now!

Archived