Condado Beach?

mikayla73

Anyone ever head over to Condado beach for a couple of hours? I did a search and I didn't see much info on it.

It looks like the swimming could be ify, depending on the surf that day. There also seems to be some places to eat and possibly rent chairs for the day.

Anyone with first hand knowledge of it? Is it easy to get a taxi to/from? Where's the best spot to go there?

Anyone ever head over to Condado beach for a couple of hours? I did a search and I didn't see much info on it.

It looks like the swimming could be ify, depending on the surf that day. There also seems to be some places to eat and possibly rent chairs for the day.

Anyone with first hand knowledge of it? Is it easy to get a taxi to/from? Where's the best spot to go there?

I would take a cab to La Concha Hotel. If you are looking at the hotel from the street walk to the left of the hotel and there is a big public walk way that leads to the beach. There are also two small restaurants there including a Ben and Jerry's that serves breakfast. The beach is public, I believe you can pay to rent chairs even if you are not staying there.

I've passed it a few times, there were always people there but it doesn't look like a really good beach area, rather small. Isla Verde Beach is very nice here is a link to info. http://www.paradise-puertorico.com/beaches_puertorico/isla_verde/

I'd go the extra distance to Isla Verde. The beaches there are wider and the waves are not as rough as Condado (at least when we were there). The difference in the taxi fare between the two beach areas is only a few dollars.

We just asked our driver to drop us off where we could rent chairs and find facilities if we needed them. When we were ready to return, we just walked the short distance back up to the main road and flagged down a cab in a matter of minutes. If you don't like the idea of flagging a cab, you could just walk to the closest hotel resort that line the beach. They always have cabs waiting.

I'll also say Isla Verde. We were just on a cruise 5/5 - 5/12 and flew in a day early. We stayed at a hotel on Isla Verde beach the night before we were to board and we really enjoyed our time there and spent most of it on the beach. It's a long and wide beach and there were waves, but it wasn't rough - many people were in the water. The morning we left to get on the ship, the water was calm and flat (no waves). Also, plenty of taxis waiting outside the hotel when we left to board the ship. The charge was $20 for two people and it was about a 20 minute ride. Isla Verda is very close to the airport and we paid the same amount ($20/2 people) to get from the ship to the airport.

I agree about Isla Verde. I was trying to actually answer the question about Condado and how to access the beach there because I was just there three weks ago ....

but I believe the other posters are right about the fact that Isla Verde was a better beach for swimming:)

I would take a cab to La Concha Hotel. If you are looking at the hotel from the street walk to the left of the hotel and there is a big public walk way that leads to the beach. There are also two small restaurants there including a Ben and Jerry's that serves breakfast. The beach is public, I believe you can pay to rent chairs even if you are not staying there.

Here are some pictures of the exact area you are talking about, I stayed nearby (San Juan Plaza) in December and walked to Condado. I thought it was a very nice beach.

482662_344734675628699_1955357558_n.jpg

304313_344734718962028_786145682_n.jpg

294114_109551499147019_1632680_n.jpg

Here are some pictures of the exact area you are talking about, I stayed nearby (San Juan Plaza) in December and walked to Condado. I thought it was a very nice beach.

482662_344734675628699_1955357558_n.jpg

304313_344734718962028_786145682_n.jpg

294114_109551499147019_1632680_n.jpg

That is the exact place I am talking about!!!!! Wasn't that thick sand comfy?? I loved the way it felt on my feet!!!!!!! Boy would I love to go back there right now:)

That is the exact place I am talking about!!!!! Wasn't that thick sand comfy?? I loved the way it felt on my feet!!!!!!! Boy would I love to go back there right now:)

Ha ha, I knew exactly where you were when you described it! I stayed just a few blocks from the park there. Already have my reservation for December again :D

Ha ha, I knew exactly where you were when you described it! I stayed just a few blocks from the park there. Already have my reservation for December again :D

Have a great time!!! I am in Isla Verde inOctober because I booked that before I had had the chance to stay at the LA Concha.... But next April I hope to be back in that same place:)

Archived