How to get to venice terminal 117 Norwegian jade?

mikeerdas

Looks like the jade will dock at terminal 117 tomorrow morning. Would you get there by heading to piazzale Roma, take the people mover, then walk a half mile?

Staying to Hilton Molina sticky and took the 4.1 vaporetto to the hotel from train station. I recall passing by pia Roma as a stop so I assume I can take the 4.2 vaporetto back to pia Roma, but not entirely sure if it backtracks that way.

If not, would I take free shuttle boat to San Marco and a vaporetto to pia Roma? Believe there is an alilaguna to the pier. But we've already paid for a 36 hour vaporetto pass. So would prefer vaporetto unless its ridiculously cheap to take the alilaguna, forget which one. Believe it was said in another post that the port is only one stop from the Molina stucky. Where does the alilaguna drop you off? Anywhere near terminal 117 to save some walking? Not interested in expensive private water taxis, even shared, because we want to make a game time decision on when to head to port tomorrow.

Edited by mikeerdas

Looks like the jade will dock at terminal 117 tomorrow morning. Would you get there by heading to piazzale Roma, take the people mover, then walk a half mile?

Staying to Hilton Molina sticky and took the 4.1 vaporetto to the hotel from train station. I recall passing by pia Roma as a stop so I assume I can take the 4.2 vaporetto back to pia Roma, but not entirely sure if it backtracks that way.

If not, would I take free shuttle boat to San Marco and a vaporetto to pia Roma? Believe there is an alilaguna to the pier. But we've already paid for a 36 hour vaporetto pass. So would prefer vaporetto unless its ridiculously cheap to take the alilaguna, forget which one. Believe it was said in another post that the port is only one stop from the Molina stucky. Where does the alilaguna drop you off? Anywhere near terminal 117 to save some walking? Not interested in expensive private water taxis, even shared, because we want to make a game time decision on when to head to port tomorrow.

that was exactly our plan when we boarded the ruby princess last year, but when we got off the people mover we were pleasantly surprised to see the Princess shuttle bus waiting for us..totally unexpected and totally free.

otherwise, we would have walked to the ship. we have walked from the port to pizziale roma before and while it is not the shortest distance, it is certainly doable for any reasonable person.

if you are overpacking or have complainers in your group you might want to grab an expensive land cab (yes, they do have them), but I would just walk regardless as European travel is somewhat rigorous and this is just part of it.

also, for the people mover you will need Euro coin for the tix machine. 1 Euro, I believe and the Ruby docked at 117 also. again not a really short walk but certainly doable.

I miss Italy!!!!!

Edited by maggie cruises

also, for the people mover you will need Euro coin for the tix machine. 1 Euro, I believe and the Ruby docked at 117 also. again not a really short walk but certainly doable.

I miss Italy!!!!!

people mover machine will take a credit card....and ditto on missing Italy!

• 2 weeks later...

To get to Stazione Maritime (the large cruise port) from the Hilton Molino Stuckey, on the advice of an NCL agent who had a desk set-up there, we took the #2 vaporetto to the "Tronchetto Mercato" stop--not to be confused with the stop named "Tronchetto". She told us the "Mercato" stop was so new that it was not on many maps yet.

Getting off the vaporetto there, we followed signs to the walkway that takes you over an automobile bridge to the port (there is safe pedestrian walking over the bridge), taking a right at the rotary/roundabout (?) at the end of the bridge into the Port area. Had to have only taken 15 minutes or so to walk with our (carry on only) luggage to the port then maybe 5 minutes to Terminal Building 117. No problem.

We could see the People Mover but never had to use it. If I recall correctly, when you're crossed the auto bridge, you're closer to the Port than people getting off at the People Mover.

To return to the Hilton Molino Stucky from the cruise port (before flying home the next day) we decided to take the Alilaguna Blue Line. It was 8 euros each and only 1 stop to be dropped off in front of our hotel.

Strangely, it cost 16 euros per person to also take the Alilaguna Blue Line from the Hilton Molino Stuckey to the airport. Not sure if they charged us double. Took about 1.5 hours to get there.

• 2 years later...

This thread is a bit old, but I'll comment on the Alilaguna airport-boat fare from the Molino Stucky to Marco Polo Airport. In 2015, the one-way airport fare from Central Venice is 15 euros (cheaper if ordered in advance, or if purchased as a roundtrip) If you're going only from the Molino Stucky or another location in central Venice to the cruise terminal, you pay about half fare, or eight euros (again, with an advance discount if ordered online).

Since the ACTV water buses (vaporetti)( are nearly as expensive as the airport boats for travel in the city center, and since the Alilaguna Blue Line boats go directly into the Marittima cruise basin, it makes sense to use Alilaguna to reach your NCL ship if you're staying near an Alilaguna Blue Line stop. For more information--including maps, timetables, and fares--see Alilaguna's Web site at:

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/